COW quEstioN??? what tHE!? (1 Viewer)

123kahlie

HSC
what was the answer to the cow question? i'am pretty sure mine is SO WRONG! Please help peoples! put me outta my misery! lol :)

Steven88

HSC
N/A
well i said.. that the tracking thingo is helpful in epidemiological studies thingo and helps get info to prevent future outbreaks and treat those who hav the disease... :p

divalux

HSC
I spoke about monitoring disease and because it said "discuss" i spoke about pros and cons of the tagging system. It was a bizarre question..one of those ones that test your integrated knowledge rather than your ability to learn the facts. Stupid BOS!!

danieljarvis

HSC
in multilpe choice it was A - co-dominance.

in the 4 marker i wrote about tracking of where diseases were caught. and which direction diseases were spreading enabling Quarantine measures to be input, and gave an e.g of a quarantine method.

HSC
o shivers, i should have thrown in nice fluffy words like epidemology and qurantine. I just said that it show and allows scientists to identify the place where they go and its link to any outbreak of disease, what other organisms they have contact with, etc... Man i made it sound like the cows were wild and could migrate across the country instead of being on a farm.

lol_1

I wrote about quarantine too, but I also said it would be useful for genetic diseases as well, mapping pedigrees etc. so farmers could keep track of all the cattle theyve sold.
Dunno if its right though.

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
divalux said:
I spoke about monitoring disease and because it said "discuss" i spoke about pros and cons of the tagging system. It was a bizarre question..one of those ones that test your integrated knowledge rather than your ability to learn the facts. Stupid BOS!!
I know T_T

Hey, what are your cons for it?

*ccs*

cow tags

i wrote about how the tags are able to help authorities locate origins of the cows if they are diseased so they can track down any other cows that could possibly be infected..it helps the study of epidemiology

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
kyu_chan said:
I know T_T

Hey, what are your cons for it?
Highly infectious diseases spread too quick for monitoring et quaratine. I just elaborated that mostly for my "cons". But, "discuss" is "pros and/OR cons" so yea.

spackness

HSC
crap...i think i stuffed that one now...i also didnt use the pretty words...damn it! I just wrote about how cows who may have stumbled into an infested area and come into contact with a disease can be easily identified bcoz of the fact that the data is recorded on a national database, and so outbreak can be controlled bcoz u can see which cows have potentially been exposed to the disease...should have said aumthing about quarantine...oh well...

kyu_chan

HSC
Sepulchres said:
Highly infectious diseases spread too quick for monitoring et quaratine. I just elaborated that mostly for my "cons". But, "discuss" is "pros and/OR cons" so yea.
I said that if the cattle's been to a lot of places, then they'd have to check heaps of places to monitor... I hope it's okay for one con... I only have one and the question was worth... was it 4 marks?

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
kyu_chan said:
I said that if the cattle's been to a lot of places, then they'd have to check heaps of places to monitor... I hope it's okay for one con... I only have one and the question was worth... was it 4 marks?
'Twas.

10chars

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
Quarantine and isolation. Take the bird flu for example.

Cows are too lazy to walk very far :rolleyes:

Was was the actual question?

kyu_chan

HSC
bscienceboi said:
Quarantine and isolation. Take the bird flu for example.

Cows are too lazy to walk very far :rolleyes:

Was was the actual question?
Something about cattles having tags and their movement can be tracked and stuff. And regarding to diseases, discuss this strategy (My syntax is all over the place... hope it makes sense)

Kirika

HSC
yeh all da stuff about tracking them after they are sold is rite, not the bit about pedigrees coz normally ya just put 4bulls in with about 250 heifers so u dunno which one is the father, only studs do that and they have their own id system. but yeah i wrote that u can track where the disease may be taken and can stop it being taken to new areas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)