CPA/CA Requirements (1 Viewer)

jpr333

HSC
So having reviewed the updated req's for a CPA/CA I see no reason to complete ECMT1020, since it's been dropped after I started my degree. This raises a few questions. To get a CPA/CA do you have to complete the req's as when you started your degree OR conversely the req's as at when you finish your degree. Secondly looking at the finance major (I'm looking at a finance/accounting double major) it mentions nothing about ECMT 1020 (as a substitute or req) in the latest update. So do I really need to do ECMT 1020??? [Again this raises the question do majors go on your handbook from 1st year or not]

jpr333

HSC
Bump for good measure. Surely someone knows something about this...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
jpr333 said:
So having reviewed the updated req's for a CPA/CA I see no reason to complete ECMT1020, since it's been dropped after I started my degree. This raises a few questions. To get a CPA/CA do you have to complete the req's as when you started your degree OR conversely the req's as at when you finish your degree. Secondly looking at the finance major (I'm looking at a finance/accounting double major) it mentions nothing about ECMT 1020 (as a substitute or req) in the latest update. So do I really need to do ECMT 1020??? [Again this raises the question do majors go on your handbook from 1st year or not]
To be allowed to start the CA/CPA programs (the CA is a 2 year postgraduate diploma, and the CPA is similar, but not an official postgrad diploma, just a qualification I think), you have to have done the pre-requisite subjects by the time you start the CA/CPA program (i.e you graduated having done those subjects)

5c

HSC
umm... where can i find the list of requirements needed for CA/CPA??

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
usyd website - econ and bus faculty handbook, accounting major page

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)