Cpa (1 Viewer)

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
i think you do your cpa after you finish the acounting degree. i think thats what my brother is doing atm.

strawberry

is that for all uni's??

coz in commerce they say you get CPA and CA??

but in eco they dont say??

so what's the deal??

@lbert3269

Yeah.. that's what i heard.

For Commerce degrees at UNSW / USYD / MAC you receive your CPA after you complete the accounting major and some other course after you graduate.

For Economics, only UNSW offers you a CPA if you complete the accounting major. (Not UYSD cause from what i heard they lack the Accounting 1A and 1B, which i believe it the requirements of a CPA).

This is what i heard but then again my sources could be incorrect. Is the CPA really that important anyways ?

MrA

On the list of accredited courses for CPA, B.Eco @ USYD is, however B.Eco @ UNSW isnt on there..

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Just to clarify..

U get professional recogition for CA/CPA provided u do an Accounting major and complete a minor set of subjects in Business Law and (for CPA, u have to do an Information Systems subject)
the B.Economics @ UNSW is recognised, even though it may not say it on the CPA site - u just have to do an Accounting major and certain other Business Law subjects (which means, u have to do a couple of extra subjects than the minimum 144CP to graduate)
check the CPA/CA websites to find the set list of subjects that u need to do over the course of your degree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)