Craft of Writing: Choosing a discursive or a creative? (1 Viewer)

shxko

HSC
Hi!

Out of curiousity - if you got a choice in the HSC, would you choose to write a discursive or a creative for Mod C?

99atarbois

HSC
Always going for Discursive, the markers have seen enough 10/10 or 12/12 imaginatives when marking the old syllabus. Since discursive is a new topic, and markers haven't seen much of it. If u can pull up with a nice anecdote and a few key points it shouldn't be hard to get full marks. That's from my perspective though!

jojosiwa123

HSC
discursiveeee!! it's so much easier you legit just write a conversational piece as if you were talking to someone- there's more room to mess up whereas w an imaginative I feel every line has to be well thought out and the whole piece has to continuously flow

studiesofboard

HSC
I would choose imaginative. I feel like you could be way more creative and you can make up shit on the spot lol. I hope we get a choice this year.

beetree1

HSC
discursive as they do not expect to see as many language techniques as they would in a creative - it also gives you scope to make the marker biased towards you if you provide an interesting perspective towards an issue/theme

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)