creative arts / performance degree (1 Viewer)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
So then do the performance course with arts, or just go to another uni

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
it was only a question.

i only really wanted someone who could answer me with a helpful response. not someone to bite my head off

sunny

meh.
HSC
COFA and NIDA are not my specialty, but I'm pretty sure that no one here can tell you why there isn't such a degree - only the university administration would know something like that - but its quite possible that something similar is already offered by NIDA and they saw no reason for main campus to offer it as well.

What exactly are you after?

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
well thank you for at least tryin to be helpful and pleasant.

i was asking because everytime i mentioned a bachelor of arts, a couple of people have strongly advised me not to, saying somehting about it being seen as an 'easy' degree or something...
i had my heart on doing a performance degree at nsw because... i guess i just fell in love with the uni.... but i was dissapointed when they didnt offer one.
as i said before, i had a very very small chance of getting into NIDA so...

well, i guess, if they dont offer one at NSW... do they expect you to start or something insome other course.. and THEN go for NIDA? and is there some kind of connection between the two? do they look on more favourably towards you if your done a particular course at NSW...
i just wanted some helpful answers to questions like those.
is there some way i can do performance at NSW and be "recognised" for doing it?

sunny

meh.
HSC
aLeeOh! said:
i was asking because everytime i mentioned a bachelor of arts, a couple of people have strongly advised me not to, saying somehting about it being seen as an 'easy' degree or something...
This is a stereotypical image of an arts degree. You would tend to hear jokes about it in uni - but this is like with any other degree....eg, commerce people have 8 hours of uni a week, and people in computing degrees are nerds, etc. Since arts is so broad, you can't always say "arts is easy". It may be true though that BA might not be the most highly regarded degree.

aLeeOh! said:
i had my heart on doing a performance degree at nsw because... i guess i just fell in love with the uni.... but i was dissapointed when they didnt offer one.
as i said before, i had a very very small chance of getting into NIDA so...

well, i guess, if they dont offer one at NSW... do they expect you to start or something insome other course.. and THEN go for NIDA?
and is there some kind of connection between the two? do they look on more favourably towards you if your done a particular course at NSW...
i just wanted some helpful answers to questions like those.
is there some way i can do performance at NSW and be "recognised" for doing it?
This field is really not my forte. You could try the more specific questions to someone at the School of Theatre, Film and Dance: http://tfd.arts.unsw.edu.au/ or http://tfd.arts.unsw.edu.au/about/contact.html :)

Last edited:

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I wasn't trying to bite your head off. I was telling you the options you have, since you obviously can't do a performing arts degree at unsw. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

sunny

meh.
HSC
Let us know how you go, it may be helpful for other students looking for the same information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)