• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Creative Writing about Journey's (1 Viewer)

Jst-Ali

HSC
Hey guys, This is a example of my creative writing story, Please simply do not copy and past, but use a reference.
Good luck guys.

There I was, nope my life didn’t flash before my eyes, instead it was a different feeling that overcame me. It was the kind of feeling you get when you let go of your mothers hand for the first time, like the first day of school or when you leave home thinking you can finally depend on yourself. It was blurry and I started feeling dizzy as I held that BB gun up at the man who brutally killed my mother in front of my very own eyes at the age of eight.

It is that very night that still haunts my dreams, the night when this man before my very eyes rampaged into my house. I remember the power ranger toys I was playing with getting trampled on, and how I cried as my mother was being attacked by this man, her helpless scream piercing my ears and the rapid rattle of the bullet digging into her is all I could remember.

Snapping back to holding that BB gun up at the man, I see the fear in his face just like the fear in my mothers, and there are tears in my eyes. Feeling like the room is getting smaller and how heavy that gun was getting, I froze trying to breath. The man’s face resembled that of my father. I can clearly remember those cold, stern, pale blue eyes, and slicked back jet black hair tied in the shape of a ponytail.

Suddenly the weight of the gun began to feel like lead and before I realised it, I dropped to the floor with a thud. The gun went off, wounding my father in the leg. He dropped to the floor, blood staining the bright white tiles that covered the room. Helpless and unsure of what to do, what to think I turned. As I looked around I realised that a child was hiding behind a glass cabinet. I looked into the kids eyes, helpless with fear not knowing what would happen. I realised how I felt as a young child as I watched my mother getting shot several times. Suddenly my legs weakened, I hit the floor. Was I about to do the same as this man had done to me? I covered my face to stop the tears and my thoughts running through my head, unable to see with the blurriness in front of my eyes. Before I knew it I was on the floor overtaken with shame.

I looked at my father lying helplessly on the floor. He turned to face me, tears now freely streaming down his face. He spoke. His voice was chocked up and rough as he managed to say “I never meant to hurt you, and more importantly you’re so called stepmother”. That one word ‘stepmother’ confused and shocked me. “What do mean stepmother? I saw you kill mum right before my very own eyes. You didn’t see me. I was hiding behind a couch” I managed to gasp. “Let me explain”, he said. “Ill start right from the beginning. Before you were born, your stepmother had planned all these things in order to have me in her life. She managed to convince me that your mother was having an affair. I stupidly believed her lies and couldn’t see past the deceit, I was a fool!” I stared into his eyes as he continued, ‘rumours spread about the affair and as you know rumours spread faster in small towns’ he said. In shame, after hearing what had been the shock of my life, I shot her not thinking twice, you where just born at the time”. I shook my head not wanting to hear the rest. Unable to speak as well, he continued “I was in jail, that’s when I lost contact with you. Everyday I thought about you. When I came back to get you, your stepmother didn’t let me so I got revenge, by then I knew I had done too much damage in your life, not wanting to hurt you or ruin you’re life any further and so I left. I tried to stay as close as I could to you. But every time I saw you, I wanted to hug and tell you, but I was too ashamed of myself”. He stopped trying to breathe as If he was drowning from his own tears.

I shook my head not wanting to hear any more, to stop the thoughts, the tears, and the nightmare. I was a confused young man. My life I had discovered had all been one big lie. I didn’t know how to cope with this information. I could only see one way out. I held the gun towards my head. Dad saw what I was attempting to do and tried to wrestle the gun out of my hand, but he was too late…..

BANG!!!!! The gun went off taking my life and burying all the secrets exposed about my family and more importantly the deceit forever. There it was my life did flash before my eyes.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)