• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Creative writing description help ? (1 Viewer)

memo15

HSC
Hi
im writing a creative piece for school however my setting is in an exam hall... does anyone have any descriptive phrases or words or sentences i can use to describe an exam hall ?

MiseryParade

HSC
Drab, dreary, menacing, intimidating, bleak, stuffy, spacious, rigid, rectangular, imposing, looming, fearful, dreading/dreadful, silent, tension/filled with tension etc, shabby, formidable, nervous, overwhelming, pressure, distressing/in distress, immaculate, panicking, restrictive, dreamless, atrocious, appalling, alarming, awful, daunting, provoking, blank, harrowing, gnawing (as in, gnawing on the mind), crummy, faulty, sinister, threatening, cadaverous, mournful, melancholy, uncertain, treacherous, obnoxious, grim, purgatory (my favourite out of this list), petrifying, torment, pandemonium, castigate, forfeit, competition/competitive, discipline, diligent, condemnation.

You can probably guess what kind of a scary bleak mental image I've conjured up when I hear the expression "exam hall" from my choice of words. Hope they were somewhat useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)