• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

creative writing imag. journeys...need help right now!!! (1 Viewer)

J-Ladette

HSC
yep,it's wednesay night right now,and the trials start on friday....ive got no idea about the creative writing section. I just checked out 2005 exam,and i just about fell off my chair!! Ive only just understood enders game,yet i still find it difficult to grasp the concept off 'imaginative journey',now i have to write a goddamn imag. journey! Dammit!!! Ive read that ppl just kinda transform othere stories, like red riding hood, but HOW DO YOU MAKE IT AN IMAGINATIVE JOURNEY!??​

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
J-Ladette said:
yep,it's wednesay night right now,and the trials start on friday....ive got no idea about the creative writing section. I just checked out 2005 exam,and i just about fell off my chair!! Ive only just understood enders game,yet i still find it difficult to grasp the concept off 'imaginative journey',now i have to write a goddamn imag. journey! Dammit!!! Ive read that ppl just kinda transform othere stories, like red riding hood, but HOW DO YOU MAKE IT AN IMAGINATIVE JOURNEY!??​
The creative writing task is not limited just to the area of journey you studied. You can base it on either journeys or even use all three of them.

H

housemouse

Reckon you can just write about anything you want as long as it somehow relates to journeys

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Don't worry too much about the creative writing section. Most of the time, the questions evolve around a really generalized question, however the thing is, you will need some preparation, and maybe even a few different storylines, 2-3 is a minumum.

Avoid using common stories like Red Riding Hood [this goes to 3unit english extension students as well], try to be unique. The best stories I find are actually the made-up ones about how you've visited a really old friend, your grandparents, or someone who you look up to for help or assistance.

For my story, I based it upon myself visiting an old shop that my grandparents used to own in the WW2 period..and how everything I walked past seemed to be 'frozen within a ghostly time' yet it reminded me of my real life...etc etc. My first half-yearly test scored me really bad it was an A- but after a little amendments, and 3 more copies to my teacher, she finally gave up and gave me the A+

So, just a note if you think that you're going to maybe fail in your half-yearly, put everything back in in your AP3 or AP4 i.e. the 2 exams before your HSC. One is trial and another one is a school exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)