• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Creative writing in a BA or other degree (1 Viewer)

Hocko87

HSC
N/A
Creative writing (and other subjects) in a BA or another degree

Hi, I'm interested in transferring to a degree which involves creative writing in my second year of university. I'm also interested in taking up any courses which involve studying Japan, Korea, China and film studies. Currently, I will be studying at either Charles Sturt University (Wodonga Campus) or La Trobe University (Albury-Wodonga).

La Trobe:
Majors
* English
* Art History
* Asian Studies
* Sociology
* Philosophy
* Drama

Charles Sturt University
Majors
* English
* Art History
*Sociology
* Philosophy
*History

Minors
*Applied pscyhology
* Art History
*Computing
* Economics
* Environmental studies
* History
* Human biosciences
* Justice studies
* Law
* Literature
* Mathematics
* Philosophy
* Sociology
* Theology
* Visual culture

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Your best bet is probably to transfer to an arts degree at a university in the city where you can pick writing modules alongside languages and asian studies. That way you can combine your interests. Melbourne or Sydney universities (think Macquarie, Deakin, La Trobe Bundoora, Melbourne, Sydney, UNSW, Western Sydney, Swinburne even perhaps) perhaps, or Canberra also might have what you are looking for. You will have to work hard at uni and get good grades to transfer because the cutoffs are considerably higher than the cutoffs for those courses in Albury. You should look up what subjects are on offer in the arts degrees at the different universities and see what appeals to you most.

Are you an Albury local or moving there from somewhere else? I grew up there...

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Re: Creative writing (and other subjects) in a BA or another degree

Hocko87 said:
Hi, I'm interested in transferring to a degree which involves creative writing in my second year of university. I will be studying at either Charles Sturt University (Wodonga Campus) or La Trobe University (Albury-Wodonga).
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
Im going to La Trobe, Albury-Wodonga &&&& i want to transfer to do a creative writing course (really want to go to Canberra Uni)!
But im deffering :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)