• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Creative writing issue: (1 Viewer)

Fake-Name

HSC
Hey, my creative writing piece covers three different settings, I've raised the issue with my teacher that I'm worried that it looks like it jumps from place to place. She suggested that I simply put three dots on the line below the previous paragraph to show a new scene:
eg.
***​

I've seen this done is professional novels, but in a student's creative piece, does anyone feel this is 'showoff-ish'?

Thanks.

Vidhya

HSC
Nope, in fact with my creative I didn't put stars but I left two lines of space between flashbacks/different settings etc. It's better if you don't waste time on stars as well.

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
I put *** in between every paragraph of my creative because they were remembered place and current place.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Hey, my creative writing piece covers three different settings, I've raised the issue with my teacher that I'm worried that it looks like it jumps from place to place. She suggested that I simply put three dots on the line below the previous paragraph to show a new scene:
eg.
***​

I've seen this done is professional novels, but in a student's creative piece, does anyone feel this is 'showoff-ish'?

Thanks.
No, I do this all the time, its the most effective way to connote the start of a new sentence and I have no idea why on earth people will see it as show-offish

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I put *** in between every paragraph of my creative because they were remembered place and current place.
also sorry for double post but m8 this is for extension 1 english, not advanced lol

Fake-Name

HSC
Thanks I guess I will keep doing it!

And Some Vunt does Ext English 1 and 2, doesn't he?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)