• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Creative writing review and feedback (1 Viewer)

George375

HSC
Many people hate me, many despise me, however there are those who welcome me and pray for me, I will never understand why. If I could change I would. We have a tradition. Everyday She gives me gifts and I keep them forever. But for once I would like to give instead of taking all the time. Todays the day ill ask her to switch with me, only for a month offcourse. She hesitantly accepts my desperate offer with a side note of caution. “ Taking constantly may seem difficult to you but giving can be even tougher.” What did she mean by this? The shimmer of the suns beams awoke me as I paraded into this new world. The smell of the fresh air terrorised my airways. What a contrast to where I was cast aside. How could anyone not cherish this place? The sounds of the birds echoed through one ear and escaped through the other. I could see, smell, feel and hear everything. As I explored and discovered new aspects of this world I continued to be fascinated. The people. The people were so much livelier than I remember. Their cheeks the colour of roses and the sound of their heart beat and warmth radiated from their bodies. Among the herd of humans a particular family caught my eye. So I paid particularly close attention to them.

“Quickly James! Everyone hold hands as we cross the street” Mum was always nagging, As if she didn’t get tired of it! We were finally home and I raced inside to find the TV. The sound of the blender traumatised my ears as I fought to hear the TV. Did she have to use it now? “Dinners ready!” My brother and I sped to the table only to be disappointed with fish and chips. This was the second day in a row. After dinner Mum cleared the table and I went to my room. “Ring Ring” The consistent aggregative pounding of the alarm woke me up. My legs weighed a tone as I struggled to get out of bed. I finally managed to get up an proceeded downstairs. Breakfast consisted of cereal and an apple. I made my way to school to continue with the torture. These past days have allowed me to discover the challenges of adolescents and how societies and schools expectation are increasing as we get older.” James Brady, are you with us?” Mr bean asked sarcastically. “Yeah, sorry sir” I replied sharply. For others like myself, the response has been to condemn those who don’t understand and to one day break free from the system. The beautiful singing of the school bell acknowledged school was finally over. I made my way home struggling to hold my heavy school bag. “I’m home Mum” I screamed from the door. She greets me and gives me a kiss. I go into my room and just as I’m about to lie down.. “ James don’t forget to take the bin out, clean your room, wash the dished and vacuum the lounge room please” In a fast impulse I get up and scream back. “ Can you just get of my back for 5 minutes. I’m tired and stressed out so I don’t need you adding to the list of bull.” There is no response. To clear my head Blake and I head to the arcade.

Blake and I finished with the arcade and start walking home. The good thing about headphones is they block out the world I laugh to myself. As usual Blake was being his goofy self and counting the clouds as we walked. “Cuz this is thriller, thriller nighhhh” I felt the hands of someone push me to meet the hard ground. Everything was a blur. Were my ears ringing or was it Michael Jacksons music, I couldn’t tell. What had happened? My leg was throbbing and blood flooded from the wounds. I tried to get up only than realising the state of my body. What the hell had happened? Mu… Mumm. MUMM!! As my eyes began to refocus I realised there were paramedics everywhere. They came beside me and lifted me up. Everyone refused to tell me what was happening. MUMM! BLAKEE!! My voice cracked us I continued to scream with no reply. What happened next was a blur. I awoke at the hospital feeling physically better but emotionally distraught. A man timidly approached me “How you feeling son” Im okay I guess, what happened, where is my brother and where is my mother?? I questioned hysterically. The doctor replied hesitantly with the words I least expected. “ Im sorry son but unfortunately your mother and young brother died in a horrific car accident.” There were no words. My mouth opened to speak but nothing came out. Tears trickled down my eyes and grew into a tsunami of cries. Another man came to explain what had happened. “ I’m sorry for your loss son. A by stander said there was a car with unresponsive breaks coming towards your brother and yourself. Your mum called out to you boys but u didn’t respond, so she ran and pushed you to the ground. Unfortunately she grabbed your brother but the car hit them both in the process.” All through my adolescence I have never cried in front of anyone in order to uphold a masculine persona. But in that instance I let out a loud cry and continued flooded my pillow. The pain was unbearable. I was soon left alone in my bed and continued to cry. I discovered being alone was the worst thing ever. Losing the only people I loved showed me how much I took them from granted. I started to pray, I prayed for death I was ready to welcome death and for him to take me to join my family…

Has it been a month already? It was incredibly hard for me to give you the mother and his son. After everything that happened throughout their lives for me to just deliver them to you breaks my heart. I’ve discovered that it is indeed harder to give the lives of these people who you have watched grow, than it is to merely receive them. The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our separate ways, I to the dead, and you to the living. But we shall meet again to exchange another life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)