• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

credit average (1 Viewer)

bobbie212

how hard is it to get a credit average through an entire science course that is composed of alot of chemistry. (B science (nutrition))

Generator

HSC
N/A
You will have to find out for yourself over time. We do not know what you are capable of.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Speaking from a UNSW point of view, in the first year, it is not too difficult to get credit average as long as you try. In terms of chemistry, HSC chemistry will not help you much in university (as well as physics) except HSC biology will help. Having said that, I think if you put some effort you can get credit average throughout your degree. I got Dn average after first session, and i didn't really like chem (Cr), maths (Cr) and psyc (Cr), but I did well in Bio (HD) which pulled my average up.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Survivor39 said:
Speaking from a UNSW point of view, in the first year, it is not too difficult to get credit average as long as you try. In terms of chemistry, HSC chemistry will not help you much in university (as well as physics) except HSC biology will help. Having said that, I think if you put some effort you can get credit average throughout your degree. I got Dn average after first session, and i didn't really like chem (Cr), maths (Cr) and psyc (Cr), but I did well in Bio (HD) which pulled my average up.
Um, I don't know about the layout of your 1st year Chemistry subjects but HSC Chemistry helps ALOT in the USYD ones. Infact, biology doesn't help you shit and physics helps you to a minor extend. I got a credit in 1st semester chemistry doing practically no study for it, simply because the skills I obtained from HSC Chemistry allowed me to intuitively answer the questions in the exam. If I didn't do HSC Chemistry, I would of been totally fucked.

Also the USYD Chemistry subjects should deem more relevant for this chap since I'm not aware that UNSW ran BSc (Nutrition) and I'm 100% sure that USYD is the only university in Australia running combined BSc (Nutrition) & BHSc (Exercise & Sports) which was one course this person was interested in (from his/her PM to me).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)