• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Crime Fiction Seminar : (1 Viewer)

H

hung.nguyen24

Hey Guys ,

Um I have a seminar which I'm submitting/presenting in February. We all had to pick a topic, and I'm not sure if the one I picked has enough relevant information in order to speak for 10-15 minutes. What I chose was:

"Different methods of attack, according to the criminal's sex."
Would you guys be able to help me out a little ?
I've chosen the texts:
Murder on the Orient Express - Agatha Christie
The Castlemaine Murders - Kerry Greenwood ; so far. Any other suggestions ?

If you think that topic isn't well ... worth discussing, gimme a shout, and perhaps suggest something else for me yeah ? =D
Thanks in advance.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
hung.nguyen24 said:
Hey Guys ,

Um I have a seminar which I'm submitting/presenting in February. We all had to pick a topic, and I'm not sure if the one I picked has enough relevant information in order to speak for 10-15 minutes. What I chose was:

"Different methods of attack, according to the criminal's sex."
Would you guys be able to help me out a little ?
I've chosen the texts:
Murder on the Orient Express - Agatha Christie
The Castlemaine Murders - Kerry Greenwood ; so far. Any other suggestions ?

If you think that topic isn't well ... worth discussing, gimme a shout, and perhaps suggest something else for me yeah ? =D
Thanks in advance.
It seems to me that one of the things this topic revolves around is feminist theory and its application within crime fiction narrative. So you'd be looking at a variety of texts and analysing how the female is represented differently to men and to other women and how the context and values of both the author and the audience creates/demands these representations.

Something I'd suggest you have a look at is the femme fatale in such texts as the Big Sleep or Maltese Falcon, especially when compared to the male criminals in such texts. Another useful point of comparison is the relative position of women in Victorian and Golden Age crime fiction.

H

hung.nguyen24

Oh wow thats GREAT !
THANKS SO MUCH ! This really helps !
^_______^ I can't express how glad I am, thanks !

Merry X-Mas & have a Happy New Year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)