• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

crime fiction texts (1 Viewer)

kaylz

HSC
okay so we have to choose our own text for this essay, which is to be on the cosy school of crime fiction... i was thinking i could use the game of cluedo...? i mean, if people can analyse paintings then why not a board game? my teacher said it sounds like a good idea, and an original one since everyone else is using agatha christie... what is everyone else using ?

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
i used "the king of torts" and "the last juror" by that writer i fully cant remember..... john grisham mayb?
and agatha christie's and then there were none, .... i cant even remember lol i had 5 or 6 extra texts.
cluedo is a clever idea, i thought the same last yr, u jst hav 2 work out how u r gonna analyse it..... it could b tricky as every time u play its different, so there isnt an easy way of doin it.

tennille

HSC
kaylz said:
okay so we have to choose our own text for this essay, which is to be on the cosy school of crime fiction... i was thinking i could use the game of cluedo...? i mean, if people can analyse paintings then why not a board game? my teacher said it sounds like a good idea, and an original one since everyone else is using agatha christie... what is everyone else using ?
I agree that it is a clever idea. Conventions include the small group of people, it is set in a manor, etc...make sure you include techniques and everything...that'll be difficult to identify and explain...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)