• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Critical Analysis for Dummies (1 Viewer)

Jennifer3386

Help!!! Critical Analysis???

I'm just starting year 12 and I've decided to do critical analyse for my major work but I need some major help. What exactly is required to do critical analysis. I have an idea, but I'm uncertain about what I actually need to do. If anyone could msg me about it I would appreciate it SOOOOOO much. Thanks oxoxo

Last edited:

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I've just started one too. A critical analysis has to deconstruct an idea, and the LITERATURE around that idea! Alot of really good students apparently stuff up by not discussing the literature involved. You are not here to write a commentry on society if you get me. You take a look at books, film, even posters... take a look at the young writers showcase and see whats there... in the 2002 there's a really good one (Real to Ideal, the metamorphasis of the male body) which does what I just said really well... Did i just make sense?? Hopefully i did.... don't try and do too much, Its not a PhD thesis. If your not sure, I'd start off writing an essay, its a really good starting point. And one more important thing... Be sure your having fun!!

Jezzabelle

Thanks heaps for that description in lay-mans terms. I really want to a do a critical response but my stupid teacher wants me to write a story, but once again you have made the response so much more appealing to me.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I'd steer clear from stories unless your super good at them... there like performance IP in Drama, EVERYBODY does it... i think 50%!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)