• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Critical Essay or Feature Article???? (1 Viewer)

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
hey, i'm tossing up b/w writing a critical essay or feature article for my major work. I've got heaps of information on my topic (shakespeare's portrayal of women in literature and film)

I can write an essay on it easily but theres two problems with that;
a) it'll be quite boaring - but then can be very critical
b) it wont have 'flair and originiality'

hence why i'm leaning towards a feature article...

if any of the '03s did a feature article how did u find it? and was it hard to make the word limit on it...

I spoke to my mentor about this and she thought mabye a sunday life article style to it???

Any thoughts:confused:
Cheers

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Wow, I didn't even know you could do a feature article. That would be very original, and your topic sounds interesting as well. I guess the decision is up to you. Find out where your strengths lie, and yeh have a chat to someone who has done a feature article, or find someone's to read.

It seems to be you could go the easy way out and do a crit essay (which is what i'm doing!). But you can't go wrong with a crit essay. Or, you could be spontaneous and exciting, and write a feature article!

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Originally posted by KarmaKitten
ummm
i didnt think you could do that
i still dont think you can do that
yeah we had a girl in the the class of 2002 do a feature article and i think she came very close to getting full marks cause it fits into teh critical writing section of teh syllubus

Thanks for ur help everyone
:D

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
I'm going to be creative and original and do a feature article.

At the moment i'm finding my unusual spin on it. Spoke to my ext 2 teacher and she's thrilled with it :D

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
That's heaps cool! You're idea is really fantastic, and doing the feature article is extremely original and creative.

Have you been able to find much info on your topic?
Thank you

Yes there is quite a bit of information on it actually. Nothing specifically like what i am doing but heaps of feminist writings about him and the characters which is helpful to get an insight.

BTW what are you doing for urs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)