• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Cromwell - Deluxe?? (1 Viewer)

sunnybuns

HSC
So, I was just offered a place at Cromwell for 2007. They offered me a deluxe room...I'll probably be able to afford it, but was just wondering what you guys thought about the deluxe rooms (air conditioning, ensuite etc). Are they on the same floor as standard rooms?

Trev

stix
HSC
Um, there is one deluxe room that I know of in Cromwell and that's in an area kinda away from the other rooms. It's in one of the blocks that has 3 levels, up the top near the common room for that block. It's a pretty big room and the girl that was in it last semester was from the US so they must give those rooms to the international students.

There's also a group of about 5 or 6 rooms that have their own ensuite and airconditioning aswell that are all next to eachother with balconies, that's not in a normal block. It's called "cottage" and is next to "house" (a house that Cromwell owns and students live there also). It's quieter there, but there is always people drinking on the balconies and stuff and the rooms there are pretty good too, alot better than the standard rooms and Brisbane without airconditioning in the non winter months is damn hot if you can't stand the heat like me.

Hope that helped...
(even though the deluxe rooms are away from the others, everyone gets to know eachother and stuff, i've known seppo's that have been in these rooms both semesters and i'm not even from Cromwell)

sunnybuns

HSC
Oh, thanks! I think I'm going to go with a standard room.. I'd rather not pay so much for a room. Guess I'll just suffer in a non air-conditioned room and sharing the bathroom with others!

SpHan

HSC
hey does anyone hae pics of cromwell college or any pics of the inside of the colleges for that matter...the college websites dont really give that much away. oh and how much do u pay for a delux room at cromwell?

Pommy babe

Perfect Member
HSC
This is a really late reply, but other people might look at this too, so for future reference, Deluxe rooms are quite a bit. I don't know how much normal rooms are, but my rents are forking out just under A$ 9,500 for the first semester :S, that includes the care account and O-week shizzle as well tho. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)