CS honours (1 Viewer)

ziggyboy

HSC
Just a bit of background about myself. I'm a third year computer science student at Wollongong Uni and expecting to graduate this December. I have moved to Sydney 6 months ago cuz of a good IT job which I am currently doing part-time. Under normal circumstances I would do my honours year at Wollongong but travelling to uni from Sydney is not very pleasant because I live and work in the north shore area. I have since tried applying to USyd, MQ and UNSW to do honours in 2006. So far, only USyd and MQ has given me straighforward instructions on how to go about doing this. UNSW has been passing me from one department to another for the past 2 weeks. I can't get a hold of anyone who seems to know the procedure to do this. The website says contact the honours convenor first, Tim Lambert, whom I have sent emails to and tried calling on his office number (no answer).

So has anyone here done this sorta thing? One of the guys in the student centre just told me to grab and application and just send it...seeming no one wants to listen. I'm actually quite disappointed at how UNSW is handling this. The first people I've spoken with at MQ and USyd knew exactly what they were talking about and gave me clear step-by-step instructions on how I should apply.

ziggyboy

HSC
zoodboog said:
that's more a reflection of Lambert than UNSW... try posting on his blog if you like (http://timlambert.org/), he seems to pay much more attention to that than his students
But as I've mentioned earlier I was being passed around from one department to another...namely CSE, the student centre and admissions. Surely at least one of these should know the procedure for application.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)