• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

CSP and DFEE (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

Hey, I'm planning on doing a B.Com/B.Sci at MACQ or UNSW but the cut off at MACQ is higher than my UAI. Question is can I pay DFEE for the first year to get into the course at MACQ and then change to CSP for the 2nd year onwards, or if I choose to do DFEE I have to pay the full fee for all four years? But hopefully I can get in without the DFEE :D

Thanks

hellomike

HSC
You can apply for DFE in your first year and then choose CSP for your second year. If you choose or feel fine paying the full fee than there will be an extra 20% of debt you will incur.

If the annual cost of your course is $15,000, you will have to pay an extra $3000 on top of $15,000. So in the end, you pay $18,000.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
After your first year you can apply for a CSP place. (I read a post somewhere and someone said that you can actually get a CSP place after the first semester but you should ask around.)

What hellomike is trying to say is if you do a DFEE course and don't wish to pay the semester fees upfront from your own pocket you can apply for FEE-HELP by which the australian government pays for (or the remainder of) your tuition fees. However, a 20% loan fee is added to the loan which can be paid through voluntary payments or compulsory payments when your income is above a certain threshold.

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Yes pLuvia you can.

You can also continue trying to transfer to a CSP place each year until the end of your degree.

The more you progress in your uni degree the more the uni marks count towards the WAM/GPA than your uai i.e. if you try to transfer in your 2nd year i think it is 50/50 but it becomes 60/40 and 75/25 uni marks:uai as the years go by

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
miss_gtr said:
@ Mac, you can pick your own subjects per semester. After a year at mac your UAI is not used, only your GPA. So, my advice is, enrol into a course at macquarie thats within your uai, and pick subjects according to b sci/ b com then transfer after your GPA is enough.
What if you do a year at another uni and then try and get into mac? is it still gpa only?

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Wow go club mac, i never knew this!

I'm pretty sure only club mac allows you to choose the subjects you want from interdisciplinary streams; they're known for their flexible courses.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
External transfers are handled by UAC so yes, UAI/WAM would be counted.

Internally, yes kylie is right, but be warned, you still need approval for your program, so depending on how uptight the academic signing off is, you may or may not get the program you want.

pluvia: Yes you can do that, but remember when you transfer from DFEE to CSP, its through UAC again.

Can you get into a B Sci at MQ? If you can, then I think (from the top of my head, so check the MQ site/handbook for backup) the transfer into a B Comm is 12 cp and 2.0 GPA (pass). So after a semester, you could put in an application for transfer to add the B Comm to you B Sci, as long as you have a pass average and did 4 units first sem. It SHOULD be pretty straightforward, haven't heard people get rejected entry into it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)