• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

CSP v DFEE (1 Viewer)

VLTURBO

HSC
Just wondering the difference between them, and also is it ture that DFEE courses have lower UAI's?

Is anyone using DFEE? and do u have to pay for the full course i.e. 6 years times around 17K????

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
CSP - Commonwealth-supported place: student contributes toward cost of course.
DFEE - Domestic fee-paying: student pays a tuition fee (full cost of the course).

-----------

CSP is basically the new system of HECS. The government pays part of your education and you also don't have to pay it right away, it gets garnished from your salary when you start earning a certain income. It depends on what course you take, but typically per year CSP costs around $4000-6000. This is what most students use.

DFEE is the new equilalent of full-fee paying, which means you get no contribution from the government; you have to pay the entire cost of your course. You also have to pay each semester's fee upfront, it is not a debt like CSP where you pay it back later. It depends on what course you take, but typically DFEE costs around $16,000-$19,000 per year. The advantage of DFEE is that DFEE places take students with UAIs up to 5 points below the normal cut-off (though it can be less).

- More information is available from Going to Uni (Australian Government).

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
I will prob go DFEE if i dont make the cut off for combined law at UNSW or Usyd. Like What if i get 99.10 (cut-off is 99.15 at UNSW for law), are they lenient? could i get in with that? prob not so then i'll be cut but not too much cause i'll get in under DFEE and then after 1 year i can transfer over to CSP if i meet the requirements (ie. D average i think)

ManlyChief

Manly: 7 miles from Sydney, 1000 miles from care
HSC
LaCe said:
I will prob go DFEE if i dont make the cut off for combined law at UNSW or Usyd. Like What if i get 99.10 (cut-off is 99.15 at UNSW for law), are they lenient? could i get in with that? prob not so then i'll be cut but not too much cause i'll get in under DFEE and then after 1 year i can transfer over to CSP if i meet the requirements (ie. D average i think)
Was the 2005 cut off for UNSW law 99.15? Seems a little low - did they offer more places (I know USyd had 26 new HECS/CSP places for combined law in 2005).

Speaking of USyd ... At one student I tutored through his HSC in 2003 got a UAI of 99.3 and he received an offer for a HECS place in the main round at USyd in 2004 (cut off for main round that year was 99.6) - I'm not sure how he did it, I thought the Flexible Entry scheme at USyd did not apply for law, but perhaps, since it's administered by the partner faculty for the first 3 years, he was eligible for flexi entry under Arts ...

EDIT: Just checked the USyd law website and the flexi entry site and the flexi entry does not seem to be an option for comb law ... only the usual misadventure/disadvantage schemes are listed under on the faculty of law's admissions special consideration website

that said, how did my student get in? ... mmmmm ... : /

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)