Cssa Trial (1 Viewer)

Jinglebell

HSC
i think the creative factor was figuring out why the hell students would bother writing letters arguing about prescribed texts...and then finding a way to mention related texts without sounding like a dumbarse...

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Leap
Whats with having to write transcripts for all the English exams? I had to do one for Change, Frontline and Extension 1 Crime. I'm getting bloody sick of it too, I might add. :chainsaw:
same here!
far out ... monday: AOS - transcript
wednesday: frontline - transcript
wednesday: extension - transcript

im getting tired of writing "good evening ladies and gentlemen" :p

Rand

MODULE A: GENRE QUESTION 2

"Crime Fiction invites the responder to participate actively"
Refer to 2 prescribed and 2 supplementry

QUESTION 4:

2 people are having a conversation about genre, and they are in disagreement. Wwite a transcript of their discussion and refer to 2 prescribed and 2 supplementry texts.

That was wierd!
I was under the impression that Question 4 was gonna be creative!?

Even our English Head Teacher was surprised!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah, sorta like
analytical
"because of the nature of crime fiction, it invites the active participation of responders. how has this been shown through ur study" two prescribed, two own choosing

creative
"two people who disagree substantially about the validity of the concept of genre are having a convo. write the transcript" 2 prescribed, other own choosing texts and make sure it's on crime fiction

Huy

HSC
N/A
"The validity of the concept of genre itself"
I think that's what it was, because I had a weird look on my face when I read it the first time.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
OK, thanks for posting that guys.

That sounded like a resonably typical "essay" question, but that "creative" was kind of mean. But that resembles the "creative" task from the 2001 HSC (the radio transcript one, I'll dig the question up if anyone wants to see it).

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
wow...datz the question for genre? *rolls eyes*
(I'm really liking the quick quote... :D)

No, that was just the last part of it. see iambored's post above (and below: quickquote :D) -- but the last part of the question should read "discuss the validity of the concept of genre itself" -- which was badly worded in my opinion, that was the creative writing task as well LOL, so everybody wrote the same thing as they had in the analytical Q.

Originally posted by iambored
yeah, sorta like
analytical
"because of the nature of crime fiction, it invites the active participation of responders. how has this been shown through ur study" two prescribed, two own choosing

creative
"two people who disagree substantially about the validity of the concept of genre are having a convo. write the transcript" 2 prescribed, other own choosing texts and make sure it's on crime fiction

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i am a bit @@...

so u mean for cssa 2003 the questions for creative and analytical are exactli lyk the iambored quote ..e.xcpt i change the crime fiction part to *revenge tragedy*??

huy i see what u mean by writing the same thing....lol.....btw did u used to go to Penshurt Girls High

Huy

HSC
N/A
so u mean for cssa 2003 the questions for creative and analytical are exactli lyk the iambored quote ..e.xcpt i change the crime fiction part to *revenge tragedy*??
Yeah, it was pretty much TWO essays LOL!
I wrote exactly the same thing in Section II as I had in Section I.
Section I - Essay
Section II - Transcript ...of an essay :p (Incorporated my essay style into the conversation, it's basically an essay between two people! Haha!)

btw did u used to go to Penshurt Girls High
No, I'm male, I don't even know where Penshurt (Penshurst?) is :)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
dammit, I didn't do the CSSA paper! I did some other piece of crap instead.
The first question for RFTG was about context... an essay
and the general module question was journal entries reflecting on values and text or some shit.. dammit

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
dammit, I didn't do the CSSA paper! I did some other piece of crap instead.
The first question for RFTG was about context... an essay
and the general module question was journal entries reflecting on values and text or some shit.. dammit
oh dnt u worry, the CSSA was a piece of crap
well personally, i didnt like it
u c, i based my notes on the past HSC qs and rubrics, however, they barely fitted these qs!

what did u ppls write about the audience engagement essay?

chip

HSC
hey babydoll that sounds pretty similar the rftg question in the CSSA test was it is seen that even in the local their is sometimes problems how do composers overcome these problems?

well something like that

Smarty_pants!

I didn't mind it really....i studied more for it than paper 2 Adv.., cos it was weighted more that it. I did really well, came 4th, and wrote about 9 pages (not BOS) for each Q!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)