• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Curious (1 Viewer)

Jezeze

HSC
Hey, I know, there's tons of these questions here - but how do I determine how I'm likely to go in the HSC?

I'm ranked first in every subject, but most of my classes are pretty small. (Eg, my Extension Maths class has only 2 people...)

Also, in my sciences (Chem and Physics) there's a large gap between me and the next person in the rankings.

Does that affect me at all?

And, I was asking a teacher at the other high school of my town, and he said that because of my subjects I would only have to achieve like I did in my trials to get a UAI over 92. I want a UAI of at least 97, but I don't know if I'm capable of getting it.

My trial results are similar to this (I can't remember the exact results off the top of my head):

Advanced English: 92
Extension Maths: 86
2 Unit Maths: 92
Chemistry: 71
Physics: 70
IPT: 76

My rankings are, as I said, all first in the class. Any ideas to help me here?

HSC
coming first basically means your uai is pretty much only affected by your own performance. others won't drag you down as long as you at least maintain the same gap from trials.

as for 97 uai it certainly isn't out of your reach, because you are first in everything. in saying that, you will probably need to pull your marks up in chem, phys and ipt to at least band 5 level (~85 if you can manage it), which isn't as hard as you might think, as i'm guessing your marks aren't aligned. you've put yourself in a great position to get the uai you want/need, good luck.

Jezeze

HSC
Thanks, I hope I can pull them up a bit.

I've organised a couple of sessions of tutoring for chem and physics, and I hope to actually read through my IPT textbook. A bonus (I think) is that these are the results I got without doing any real study at all for the trials. So, hopefully I can do better after two weeks of study.

For a Bachelor of Science at ANU I just need a 75, but for BSc Honours I need 97. That's what my aim is for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)