Current Criminal Justice Issue (1 Viewer)

userdk

HSC
In your research you must address the following questions:

1. Why is it an important current issue?
2. What legal measurements have been taken to address this issue?
3. How effective have these legal measure been in achieving Justice?

For the last question you should consider factors such as equality, enforceability, accessibility, resource efficiency and whether the law balances individual rights and values and community rights and values.
______

hey guys, I was thinking of researching "Terrorism" as my current Criminal Justice Issue? Is that one, thats good to research? It is very much so, different to what my mates are researching, will i stand out of the crowd? is that a major advantage or vice versa?

anyways, I`ve pretty much done my Research and I was hoping if Someone could proof read my work, and get back to me and if I've addressed the Questions correctly and if im lacking information in any particular area.

If you would'nt mind me jotting down your email, that`ll be awesome!
much appreciated, thanks lots !

Last edited:

Dark Phoenix

HSC
this was in fact a question from the 2006 HSC. they wanted us to talk about a current criminal justice issue and they gave us a list on what to say. you could talk about:

anti terror laws

Mandatory sentencing

Majority verdicts (now 11-1 instead of 12 -0)

Trial by media

Death Penalty

The right to silence

so yeah doing terrorism is a good option. u should make reference to legislation and possible case studies to show effectiveness of the law domestically. and u could also make reference to international law like conventions and treaties. and of course the UN Body like the Security Council and their role in terrorism.

it is better to stand out from the crowd, but u must show that u researched heaps. show good a large list of sources to make ur assignment more reliable.

send me a private message with ur attached assignment and ill be happy to read ur assignment

Dark Phoenix

HSC
hey USERDK thxs for sending ur assignment. it is quite good i admit. just tell me how much time u hav to write ur essay in class time, just so i can give u information that may not be too overwhelming

Dark Phoenix

HSC
i was able to finish reviewing ur assignment. i sent it to ur email as an attachment. just send me a message if u have any further questions. good luck

mya22

HSC
hey
i got the exact same question 4 my assessment at skool but it has 2 be presented as a speech & i was thinking of doing terrorism as well cause it sounds interesting & none of my friends r doing it. Do u think u'd b able 2 send me some of ur ideas just 2 get me started cause i still hav about 2 weeks left & it wood help heaps... thx

!Solskjaer!

HSC
Could 'problems associated with Australia's anti-vilification laws' be deemed a worthy Criminal Justice Issue? I have countless Incident references and legislation references. (Looking at a lack of hate crimes as an offence, etc.)

However, it was put to me that it is more of social issue (said without looking at my notes) than a criminal issue. I disagree. My examples relate directly to criminal justice issues, like the Cronulla Riots, etc., and my research answers what we were told to answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)