• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Curtin or Murdoch Psychology? (1 Viewer)

tango1607

HSC
Hi all..

I've been offered B.Psychology by both Curtin and Murdoch. I looked at both course sllyabus and they seemed pretty similar. However, it seems Curtin's requirements may be a bit more demanding.. students who score less than a credit average will exit with a Bachelor of Science (Psychology) in the 3rd year. No such requirement exist in Murdoch for students to be allowed into the 4th year.

Can anyone advise which offer to take up?

Thanks!

HSC
I go to Murdoch and I love it, though I don't do Psych.

From the Murdoch Handbook:
Students who perform well in the first year of the degree and achieve an average minimum mark of 70 per cent in Part I of the psychology core units may apply for transfer into the second year of the BPsych (Honours). Students who maintain a minimum average mark of 70 per cent across core Part I and Part II psychology units in the first three years of the degree may apply for transfer into the fourth year of the BPsych (Honours).
So essentially, you need to get a distinction average to get into honours (which at Murdoch is only 70). This only counts psych units, and nothing else that you may do as an elective. Otherwise, you exit with a BA(Psych). Just like at Curtin.

Both courses (Murdoch and Curtin) have the same accreditation AFAIK. The Murdoch course does offer professional placement in fourth year, if thats important to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)