• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Custom Status (1 Viewer)

sladehk

le random
HSC
anti said:
What is the text under the user's name eg. 'Assistant Member', and how can I change it?
This is called Custom Status.

There are several ways to be awarded custom status:
* Your post count is greater than 3000
* You have over 200 rep points
* You have been a member of Bored of Studies for a long time (200 days)

If you do not meet this criteria, you are given a generic status.

How do I change my Custom Status?
Once you have been awarded Custom status, it can be changed from the user control panel (User CP -> Edit Profile) or click this link while logged in: http://www.boredofstudies.org/commu...?do=editprofile.
Since I joined on the 26th of July 2004, and today is the 12th of February 2005- it means it is the 201st day. Since it says if I have been a member of Bored of Studies for a long time (200 days), I could get the Custom Status, I tried the link and both "User CP -> Edit Profile" but I cannot find where to change my custom status.

Help anyone?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Laz does not do anything. It is automatic.

If you cannot see it, then it is likely you haven't been registered lnog enough. Remember that 6 months is only about 180 days, not 200.

rumour

HSC
sladehk said:
Since I joined on the 26th of July 2004, and today is the 12th of February 2005- it means it is the 201st day. Since it says if I have been a member of Bored of Studies for a long time (200 days), I could get the Custom Status, I tried the link and both "User CP -> Edit Profile" but I cannot find where to change my custom status.

Help anyone?
I think it's more like 9 months before you get cs!!!!!

sladehk

le random
HSC
if it is then i think anti should update the BoS FAQ because it says 200 in the anti's post :(

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
hasn't the rep points for custom status changed? it must be lower than 200 now. so what is the required reps for custom status?

sladehk

le random
HSC
Its above 99 so it could be around 150?

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
Laz does not do anything. It is automatic.
Exactly as Slide Rule said. The system displays the option to change your custom title as per those criteria, which apparently are incorrect in the FAQ, which has been passed on to the admins to look at.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)