• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

:d (1 Viewer)

SweetSeasons

HSC
I think it's great that I can do three units from three different degrees :D

SweetSeasons

HSC
Biology 2, Design Thinking and Engineering and Design Concepts

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
i heard of a thing were u can have a sub major...whats involved wif that..and how can u take it on?

SweetSeasons

HSC
pretty much your major is your core units and your sub major is your electives

L

LaraB

Led-Zep said:
i heard of a thing were u can have a sub major...whats involved wif that..and how can u take it on?
easiest way to find out is contact your course coordinator coz not all courses let you so they can give u a yes or no on if its possible:)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I still have 4 electives that I can choose from any discipline. Language ... here I come ... well, next yr anyway :p

Jacks

HSC
yay for language...it's making up half of my degree as I'm doing a double major or trying to anyways. I know I'm eager but does anyone know when we can expect a list of units being offered in autumn 2006 to be up on the site? I won't be entirely surprised if no one knows or has even bothered to consider it yet! :p :D

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Geez Jacks. A little eager aren't you :p

It should be out when we will in the hecs forms and subject selection, like octoberish / novemberish.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Jacks, how difficult is it to study a language at uni? If you have never done the language before?

Jacks

HSC
it's not hard at all, they have introductory units...so you just enrol in the unit that suits you. They have units intended for absolute beginners, those students who intend only to do language as an elective, so they start at the beginning like they would if you learnt it anywhere else. How easy it is depends on the teacher you get, I can say that the italian teachers I have had are great...and if you do chose to do a language next year and choose italian over German I'll be available to help you as well...language at uni is really good, the tutes are relaxed, the teachers friendly, and it's explained in a way that's pretty easy to grasp. :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yeah, I was going to try and do an introductory subject, like the 101 ones, which are for people who haven't done the language.

Ah, I'll think about it first. I'll see what happens when the timetables are released, cause I have 2 free electives next year, however, I want to do an ecological sustainable project, which matches my other two subjects that I have to do.

Printmaker

HSC
N/A
The freedom at UWS is great to choose electives i think
you can really choose and do what you want with your electives
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)