• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

damn you locus!! (1 Viewer)

pikto

owns your mother
HSC
What the hell is locus supposed to achieve. i hate locus with the blind rage of fourty seven blind wreastlers on steroids. Are there any special tricks which i may employ to defeat these wreastlers? (before i flip out and almost certainly injure myself once again on my trusty study desk).

FinalFantasy

HSC
LoL
yeap u need to level up and use limit breaks or special moves on dem

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Locus has an important application in real life, especially in engineering

HSC
well, we use parabolas in mirrors in telescopes, radio telescopes, we use parabolas in practical situations. try answering this: what is studying shakespeare supposed to achieve?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
pikto said:
What the hell is locus supposed to achieve. i hate locus with the blind rage of fourty seven blind wreastlers on steroids. Are there any special tricks which i may employ to defeat these wreastlers? (before i flip out and almost certainly injure myself once again on my trusty study desk).
understand the diagram and know how to draw a diagram for every given question within this chapter.. once u can interepret a given equation into a graph u will find that everything fits into place..

and to do this u need to know the basics.. i.e how to find the directrix, the focus, what the focal length is, the fact that the ditance between the fous to the vertex equals the ditance from the vertext to the directrix.. whether a graph is concave up or down..

just the general stuff...

i love 2 unit locus... but i seriously can not find the motivation to even try to like 3 unit parabola...

well good luck anyways...

Libbster

HSC
Just do what physician says, practice heaps of locus q's and after a while, you'll easily recognise what locus the question is asking for.
However, physician, how can you not love good ol' parametrics and locus! :p

BTW I got a new sig lol

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
i prefer locus/parabola/conics from like application of calculus...

like 80% of the locus questions are the same... with enough practice it should become automatic.

HSWAT3

HSC
yes i agree its a waste of time i did hsc last year and i turned out there wasnt even a question on it...i think from memory

P

pLuvia

haboozin said:
i prefer locus/parabola/conics from like application of calculus...

like 80% of the locus questions are the same... with enough practice it should become automatic.
man locus is so b***s**t .. i rather calculus neday.. calculus is piss easy..

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I hate locus and the parabola
:chainsaw:

Luckily it is only one topic and is not linked to many things in the 2unit course.

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
The chain rule for functions of more than one variable is fairly easy to remember if you use a tree diagram. I never understood differentials well enough, I should probably make the effort to learn them soon.:D

Eman Resu

HSC
N/A
is locus even in the 2unit syllabus?
it would explain its absence in the signpost hsc study guide.
i looked in success one and theres no specific reference to it and im too lazy to check all of the questions, but it looks like in the past 2 years there have been no locus questions...but im a bit lazy to confirm that so feel free to flame me if im wrong :)

yea and ahh i agree with others repitition is important, repitition is important and ...repitition is important

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
It is in the course, and youll find some, but not many, questions in the success one book

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
king_of_boredom said:
well, we use parabolas in mirrors in telescopes, radio telescopes, we use parabolas in practical situations. try answering this: what is studying shakespeare supposed to achieve?
If you don't know the answer, you obviously need to study more Shakespeare...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)