Dating a friend's ex (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
(not sure if there's already a thread about this)

Opinions?

Discuss

Jezzabelle

i dont see what the big deal is... 99% of people are gonna have ex's and your prob gonna be attracted to someone who is into the same things, and therefore has mutual friends involved.

that said. there is a diff between dating a friends ex, and STEALING a friends gf

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
i wont touch someone my friends have dated unless they have a mutual understanding and both partys are cool with it. its so immoral. and i expect it doesnt happen to me neither.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
PookieMonster said:
i wont touch someone my friends have dated unless they have a mutual understanding and both partys are cool with it. its so immoral. and i expect it doesnt happen to me neither.
i agree with pookie here, if somebody did it to me then id probably shoot them unless id already told them explicitly that i was ok with it and i knew everyone else was ok with the situation too

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
don't worry.. just go and date them, every guy is their ex!

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i use the rule of 6

if my friend goes out with a person for 1 day then after he breaks up.. i cant got out still 6 days are up.. totalling 7 days..
so lik the more meaningful their relationship is.. its usualli reflected by the timeframe.. e.g 1 yr then i cant got out with them for 6 yrs.. till i leave medical school

note: its a cooling off period to respect ure friend and to insure that if ure friends are players u still hav a chance at a relationship in ure lifetime..

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
im going out with one of my friends ex's.. well not really an ex.. they hooked up once and the event is apparently regreted by both parties. But my friend said she was absolutely fine with it, that she would rather me be with him and have true feelings for him, than her be with him and have nothing.

but i would never have gone out with him if she had of said she wasnt cool with it when i asked her..

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
as long as my friend was completely ok about it and there'd been a sufficient period of time between, it's on
dont anyone do what my friends ex did (or do, its up to you, i just think its slack). theyd been going out for 15 months, then she broke up with him one recess, and started going out with the guys best friend at lunch on the same day cos she decided she "had feelings for him"
give it some time

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Who cares, honestly.

If a friend of mine had a problem with it, I'd tell them to sod off :(

Rory

HSC
I figure, they're an ex for a reason, and half the time your friends will be bullshitting through their teeth when they say it's 'fine' by them. Why would you want your friends scraps anyway?

lengstar

HSC
After a sufficient cooling off period there should be no problem, none at all. Its between the two forming a new relationship and previous ones should not be allowed to affect the current one.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
yeah i think its fine as long as they are both over eachother

i used to like one of my friends (current) boyfriends...thats a different story :p you MUST back away from that

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
i think its pretty wrong...it depends how serious the relationship was, and how it ended. if its cool wit hboth partys then thats ok, but otherwise, wrong...and it has 2 be totally cool, as in ur friend isnt just saying "nah its ok go 4 it" and then secretly crying...

lengstar

HSC
i don't mind if one of my friends goes out with my ex. its over better me and her so whats the problem? unless you are still smotionally attached by which YOU SHOULD GET THE FUCK OVER IT.

toisthbe

Evil Member
i will actaully totally turned off knowing that chick has dated a friend of mine. BUT I have a friend who is going out with a friend of mine, who is the ex- of a friend of mine, of which this friend, knows the the friend that is currently dating the ex-.

and therefore e=mc^2.

Jake_434

The King of England
HSC
I think that if the relationship has lasted over about a year, I don't think it's very nice to ask your mate "Hey, can I date that hottie you had?". It's just plain disrespectful. However. If they have gone out for a period less than a year, make sure it's okay with your friend first. Seriously.... Half of you people mustn't have any respect for your mates at all.

(NB: A year is just the time that I think it takes to develop a strong enough relationship to be really pissed off if your mate starts cutting your lunch)

Last edited:

Agnes2810

sUp ?
HSC
grk_styl said:
i wouldn't want my friends to date my ex, so i wouldn't date their ex....

it's kinda like "i dont swim in ur toilet, so please don't piss in my pool" :p
its like sloppy seconds :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)