• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

David Jones (1 Viewer)

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Hullo,

If u apply about october / novemeber at David Jones 100% u'll get a casual job

But, all these chrsitmas casuals are taking my work shifts. So i cant wait til another month when their contract is finished and i finally get my shifts again = )

shArkEe

haha i applied for David Jones and i got rejected, i went around early to mid novemba so yeah i dont think you theory works, or maybe thats just me

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
how do you apply for dj? in store? or on web?

Skeeta

HSC
i looked on the website and i don think you can.. well i couldnt find it anyway

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Ages ago (when I was like 15!!) I looked into this... you go into their Layby area, fill out a form, give them your resume, they call you back (this was 5 years ago now so the process may have changed).

However, I was told by one of the girls I talked to (who was working there at the time) to dress well, as they 'unofficially' put a score in the top corner of your application form to indicate roughly how well presented you are. Important, I suppose, considering they'd be looking for people to match their higher-class positioning.

HSC
I'd love to work at david jones, whats hte rates for 16 y/o ?

Id kill to work in a dept. store in entertainment/computer section

shArkEe

choco said:
how do you apply for dj? in store? or on web?
just go on www.seek.com and serach for david jones thats wat i did, and according to wat they told me at the groupie interview 16 year olds get paid same rate as everyone else $13/h for casual $10/h for part time, but they dont hire 16 year olds, if you2 16 and worked at myers b4 and your up against a uni syudent whos got no expereience they perfer the uni student cause they look more reliable, thats the impression i got form the interview newaiz, cdause when you work at DJ you gotta wear a suit and apparent'y if you look more trustworthy in a suit they hire you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)