Defering (1 Viewer)

toisthbe

Evil Member
what happens if som1 found a full-time job wif great future prospects, since if this som1 is 17, and hes already accepted the offer from maq, can he still defer?

how does he defer? wat if he finds out this job was shit, and he wants to study the course again the next year? can he do it?

also, the uai requirements will depend on 2005 requirements rite? if u defer for a year? not 04?

doe

HSC
N/A
i defered one year, but i had already completed 1st year so it might be different. basically you just dont enrol. then in september/october or sometime you contact the uni and let them know youd like to enrol again in the coming year.

so if you defered 2004, youd get your enrollment stuff and just bin it, then later in 2004 youd let the uni know youd like to enrol for 2005. theres some special class of enrolment (returning students or something).

once youve been offered a place, that place is yours, uai changes dont affect it. for example, when i defered, i was given wrong information by the ses (hooray for them) and had to apply for my place through UAC again. there was no way my uai was high enough to get into the course i was doing that year, but as i already had a place in the course, i still got in.

its best off going into the student enquiry service office (ses) and asking there.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
is that SOMEONE, you? LOL

actually your not meant to accept your offer if you are choosing to defer. i'd say you have to go to the uni and give them a pretty good explaination on why you want to defer.

and yes you would be guaranteed the course for next year if you are granted the deferment. the entry requirements for 2005 wouldn't applied for you since deferring guarantees you a spot in that course!!

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
oh you beat me to it doe!!

doe

HSC
N/A
really i just wanted to whinge about how the ses screwed me :)

muli

jlh are you sure you're not meant to accept the uni offer? I mean if you wanted to get into that particular course next year, and don't hand in an offer, wouldn't the uni assume you're not interested / have taken another course?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yeah i'm sure your not meant to accept the offer. you have to follow the appropriate action to defer, in this case with macq uni, you have to send/fax a letter saying why you want to defer with a copy of your offer.

they would most likely think your rejecting your course until they receive your letter. if you defer and then enrol at another uni, it cancels out your deferment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)