• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

definitions (1 Viewer)

winicat

HSC
does anyone have definitions for:
empowerment
heritage
social and cultural literacy

thanks (cause i can't find them.. -- duh.)

Jessisbored

HSC
my textbook is half missing, but if you have yours lol! then it will have them at the back of the book. Which one do you have? I have the Heinemann one

mishka

HSC
N/A
it should also be in the syllabus...

winicat

HSC
not in syllabus, excel or our (really old) school texts

mishka

HSC
N/A
hang on, i'll go get my textbook!!

mishka

HSC
N/A
ok, this is from the heinemann textbook...

EMPOWERMENT:a term used to describe groups within a society obtaining access to power structures and gaining control over their destiny. eg the feminist revolution in the western world during the 70s is referred to as empowering women.

HERITAGE: the collective past of a country. It may be physical heritage (such as material remains) or cultural heritage (such as songs, stories, music). It plays a key role in maintaining continuities.

SOCIAL AND CULTURAL LITERACY: socially and culturally literate persons can communicate effectively across society. They are aware of their own place in society, and are willing to make a contribution to their society and culture.

there you go!! :) good luck with everything!!

winicat

HSC
thanks so totally much.

you know how when you get so stressed you focus on one, small, insignificant thing? mine was finding those definitions (and trying to get the right consitency of the choccy mousse i was making lol)

mishka

HSC
N/A
hahaha well i hope the mousse turned out ok. i know the feeling - you get so hung up over one little thing and if you don't get it, you feel like you won't get anything! :)

winicat

HSC
it's kinda good you gave me that social and cultural literacy one!!! although i still think i botched that up lol good old making things up that are half true .. that's what SaC is for!!!

mishka

HSC
N/A
it's kinda good you asked for it!! i probably wouldn't have even looked at it (you know, the old "yeah i know that" attitude!).

so, i was destined to answer your post... :D i like your quote in your sig, by the way!! :)

winicat

HSC
it was destiny!!! i think the last time we talked about it in class was, like, prelim or something! i don't get why they put "course concepts" in the syllabus if they aren't gonna put them in the syllabus glossary! but hey, who cares now?!?! lol *dance dance dance*

heh heh, i found it somewhere and i was like "damn! that is soo my study philosophy!!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)