dell computers (1 Viewer)

sunny

meh.
HSC
If you have a PCI slot, and a PCI graphics card, yes. But as already mentioned, its not much of an "upgrade" to get a PCI graphics card.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
On the other hand if you bought a dell you arn't really after performance or cost-effectivity.......;)

fatmuscle

HSC
lol, upgrades and Dell computers...

There goes your warranty if you do a 'DIY' upgrade on a Dell.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
addymac said:
On the other hand if you bought a dell you arn't really after performance or cost-effectivity.......;)
I beg to differ on the cost-effectiveness... When Dell put on the specials, which is like always, the cost is very attractive (provided you don't need performance). Try and beat it yourself, it may be doable, but difficult.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
On special some of their models cost as much as the cheapest computer I would build.... however the computer I could build for that money is a far superior computer.

On special is the only way anyone should ever buy a Dell as then they approach reasonable prices.

As a note the first paragraph is in regards to desktops, on special their notebooks are very good value. (Theres a new special on every month so just choose a model you like and wait until a special you like rolls around).

HSC
fatmuscle said:
lol, upgrades and Dell computers...

There goes your warranty if you do a 'DIY' upgrade on a Dell.
yeh tru. If its under warrantly ur crazy to upgrade it cuz knowing dell theyll break then theyll be like no no we dont fix it u upgraded it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)