• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Demotivated passion (1 Viewer)

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Oh ho ho ho starting off with an oxymoron in my thread title right there!

And an eloquent expression of english terminology within this meandering sentence of no imperative nature.

But i digress

To cut to the chase i have lost some passion for composing my EE2 MW. Well the drafts at this stage.

The thing is (as some people here may know .. i'd told a couple about my topic) my short story is based a lot on what i see around me. Gender stereotypes, double standards in relationships, generalisations in contemporary feminism and the like. Think John Stuart Mill or Virginia Woolf minus the 'all men are rapists' theory :D

Now earlier this year i well got rejected BAHAHAHAHA .. she wasn't really worth my time come to think of it *shrugs* .. and this really inspired me to write. Particularly when it came to my personal ideological views on the masculine response to feminism (in relationships, marriage, general social banter) as my story is a postmodern comment on this 'paradigm'.

But its been a while since then and being content with my love life (or lack of it :D) i don't really feel the passion to write about say 'x' nice guy meets 'y' feminist girl; what will happen next? Anyone who might have done a similar story (i know a lot of people namely girls are into that whole feminism slant) offer inspirational tips?

Cya cool cats!

edit: my story is not whatever i may have insinuated, emo in nature or a petrarchan wannabe rip-off. neither is it some whiny guy bitching ironically about the excesses of feminism. it is a post-modern appropriation of Romeo and Juliet into contemporary Sydney which advocates the coming together of the binary oppositions (that is male and female :eek:)

and my bumping post got deleted hmm so .. sorry mods if that wasn't allowed. oh is it just me or does it feel like a totalitarian rule here :)?

j/k

Last edited:

Porcia

HSC
totalitarian rule - i agree - mostly on glitterfairy's part

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
that wasn't very helpful :p

i'm almost done now though .. hmm but i get motivation at random times. like when i'm eating tomatoes. yum tomatoes :eek:

Porcia

HSC
sorry - i forgot to help, en passant.

your language is nice from what i can see... you seem to be influenced by lucy geddes' work by drawing heavily upon critical theory to form parts of your composition - its nice but make it relevant - u know what i mean? but thats not very helpful either is it... hmmmmm..... i will talk to u more in one other parts.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
um en passent?

hmm i think i've changed it from a nice guy to a hypocritical chauvinistic guy.

what? its easier for me to write from the latter's POV :uhhuh:

Porcia

HSC
i can so imagine ur title: "no more mr nice guy".

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
cliched much?

i can so imagine your title as err portia :)

thats the correct spelling etymology

Porcia

HSC
etymology? nah Porcia is a set of lawa in roman court

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
http://www.answers.com/etymology&r=67

i wish some other guy would have the balls (i don't think this is an oxymoron ..) to delve a little into feminism.

the word is scary though. if they changed it to "hawt-sexy-girls-who-just-wanna-have-fun-equally-with-men" then everyone would be jumping on the bandwagon :uhhuh:

Porcia

HSC
actually i am delving into mascilinism - instead of feminism... does that count as balls?

dasphoebus

Pastamancer
HSC
bobness said:
http://www.answers.com/etymology&r=67

i wish some other guy would have the balls (i don't think this is an oxymoron ..) to delve a little into feminism.

the word is scary though. if they changed it to "hawt-sexy-girls-who-just-wanna-have-fun-equally-with-men" then everyone would be jumping on the bandwagon :uhhuh:
Hmmmm. Feminism? No. Modern days, its about equal. The scales swing both ways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)