Demotivated (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
I'm so demotivated--can't practice. I mean, the prospect of at least two to three weeks' worth of practice reviving a much needed A.Mus.A. piece is just deadening (my piano teacher won't be able to teach for a few weeks due to Christmas commitments and holidays and what not). But if I don't practice, I hardly have anything else to do. Gimme some motivational tips please--I'm drowning in boredom yet too demotivated to alleviate this boredom.

phatic

HSC
I'm the same atm - just can't be bothered practising, it seems such a chore. Bah! Last time I was like this, some Rossini got me fired up.

So yeah, maybe look for some exciting/energetic music to get you going? Depends on your taste of course. Otherwise relaxation time is always good, especially if you've had a stressful year.

GRX40
HSC
N/A
Think of it this way: "demotivated" isn't a word - and technically it isn't. It's "unmotivated". :p

Sight-reading some modern or popular music might be more fun. You could also try listening to good songs you haven't heard in a while to hopefully feel inspired by music again.

Retrovertigo

HSC
N/A
Reward system. Give yourself something for each hour or so of practicing, rewards can be anything from listening to some of your own music while you take a break or having something to eat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)