• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

design next year>>> HELP PLZ!!! (1 Viewer)

Carlay

HSC
design next year
Wellsi, i've been trying to do some preparation for applications for tafe and uni next year and i've decided that i want to do some sort of design - fashion, interior, jewellery, graphic. the bad thing is i stuffed up my subject choices and im not doing art, dt or textiles so i'm at a disadvantage.
i just wanna know if there's anyone out there in the same position, coz i REALLY REALLY wanna do design, nothing else appeals to me.
i'm starting to create my portfolio - but i need a bit of advice on what to put in it and how to set it out. any suggestions?
and coz i havn't got any experience in the field can anyone suggest where i could get some?
also is there anyone out there doing design courses at tafe (ultimo/design centre) or UTS? and if you are what are your thoughts/advice.
thanks heaps for the help

spillargroove

HSC
I really don't know if you will look at this but you need to know whether Fashion is what you want to do for the next few years. Do you want to design dresses, articles and work for a fashion group? You will be spending time and spending money. The thing with TAFE is that it's "open market", meaning anyone can apply. Therefore, you will probably need a portfolio. You said you wanted to do a range of things. You need to know where you want to focus on the most. This way, you can take minors.

If you want more information, please sign up at the AustralianInfront forums: forums.australianinfront.com.au

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
hey if u have no prior experience my best solution for you would be to appply for FBI FASHION COLLEGE in glebe ,,, the best for beginers, low cost and gives you alot of help for work experience and from doing that course you can continue with the business fashion course or go to tafe or uni SORRY if this is so late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)