desk check (1 Viewer)

mahoy

if possible could someone plz explain to me how to do a desk check with test data and stuff. thanks

sunny

meh.
HSC
The most common way to do a desk check is to use an IPO chart to show that you've done what Bon has said, subbing in test data into the algorithm.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Sorry should've been more specific there...

Not really an IPO chart with I P and O, but in the first column you would have your test data, and in the following columns you would have the other variables.

The first row would be your first piece of test data, as you follow through the algorithm with the test data and as you encounter changes to the other variables you would write down the value for that variable in the right row/column.

hehe

the guys who wrote ipt syllibus and who is senior marker for sdd couldn't do desk check at hsc enrichment day

hahaha

do0d

but wahts test data? :)
generally for every single variable that you have in there you should put a new column
that includes any paramaters that are passed in
this may seem tedoius but can be quite helpful

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by mahoy
like this???

confused... :confused:
values for the variables in the program/passed to the function go in columns "var1", 2, 3 (i.e not user input variables, but variables as set by the program???)

expected and actual output columns speak for themselves

but...
what goes in the "test data" column? i'm currently guessing user input variables (i.e. the values the question gives you to use as user input test data)

:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)