Desperately in need of advice for project...proposal due soon (1 Viewer)

banana01

HSC
Hi I'm in desperate need of advice about my ext history pip, I'm thinking of doing a personality study on the differing perspectives of recent Russian president Vladimir Putin i.e his portrayal in the media, or otherwise the motivations behind the recommencment of the second Chechen war (also involving Putin), but I'm not sure if this is all too recent and if there is enough historiographical speculation out there (there probablly isn't), if I'll be able to find enough sources etc. Can I come up with my own arguement/take rather than having to discuss different historians perspectives?

If Putin's Russia is too recent does anyone have any pip ideas? I'm intrested in Russia - any period

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I'd recommend you don't do anything about the revolution or Rasputin, both of those topics are done to death and if I remember correctly there's a lot about Stalin and WWII in the Modern History syllabus.

Perhaps go back a bit further back than Putin and look at Gorbachev along with perestroika and glasnot?

banana01

HSC
If I did something on Stalin's motives for his peace with Germany would that be ok?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
I'm not 100% sure. I'd personally avoid that time period because it's easy to find an overlap.

Also, Stalin wasn't the only leader of Russia if that's what you're interested in. You could go even further back to look at Peter the Great who was the first tsar to really bring the ideas of the west back to Russia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)