• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

deviant women (1 Viewer)

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
hey there,
i'm having a bit of a situation because i was exploring an idea regarding the way women swear and how this differs from males etc in a critical response. Then it died cos i couldn't find any texts to back it up. My advanced teacher suggested i persue the idea of the "deviant woman" thus making the subject area much broader and i've now decided to go (back to my original choice) of creative.
my only problem is my ext 2 teacher wants an overview of what we're doing by the end of term and we've got half yearlies at the moment so i'm really struggling with time. i was hoping if anyone knew of any good texts with deviant women they could please tell me and i'll go look into them myself of course.
thanks!

chaaad

HSC
what! your ext 2 teacher expects overviews at the end of term 1?? our teacher expects us to have a full first draft ready by beginning term 2!

as for deviant women.. well it depends on how you mean by deviant. deviant as in femme fatale type deviant or deviant as in monster type? if its the former, then hard boiled texts such as anything by dashiell hammett or mickey spillane'll give you that. as for the latter.. i cant really think of anything. look up medusa? lol

Patti Muscat

HSC
Hey, i'm doing my extension II short story in the film noir style and the protagonist is reflective of the archetypal noir femme fetale- i guess she's a "deviant woman". Anyway the film 'Double Indemnity' is really good for research. Also i read a book'Killing Women; rewriting detective fiction' edited by Delys Bird. It looks analytically at women [writers and characters] in the crime fiction genre. In covering this, it alludes to heaps of supplementary creative and analytical texts that could be of use. Anyway, this could be good if thats what you meant along the lines of the "deviant woman". Its an angus and robertson book and i picked it up for about $15 at the local bookshop but you could probably borrow it from somewhere too. Hope this helps and good luck with your story, Patricia

Bec-B

HSC
An overview by the end of term! Geez you're lucky. We have to have our first draft done by the first day back of term two...which is in three days (finished it about half an hour ago, so on a post writing high :D :D :D ) but anyway, if you're looking at deviant women, i went to an ext 2 study day a while ago, and that david eldrige guy (the full famous english teacher, i think he teaches at hornsby girls?) supervised a mw a while back, performance poetry on women who kill, you should try chasing that up, it might be in one of the young writers showcases or something. good luck with it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)