Did YOU make notes???? (2 Viewers)

Pace_T

HSC
Hey all :):)
*hopefully this is in the right forum*
This question is directed towards the people who already done their half yearlies :)

Did you make notes for all your subjects (well obviously not for maths or subjects like that) before hand?

I am mostly concerned because I am finding it hard to do them before my exams (1 week, when holidays end), and I can't possibly imagine how you guys can do it without the free holidays to do them..

I know, I know, I shouldn't wait 'til the last minute, but I completed as much as I could throughout the last term.

Thanks for any replies :):)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
when I did my half-yearly's (wow! seems like a long time ago now) I did dot points of the important stuff I needed to know for each subject and put then on palm cards that way I didn't have to shuffle through stacks of paper and you can study them on the bus or whatever.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I type up my notes
and i did them bout a week b4 my exams
i tried 2 do it as i went along but it didnt work with the amount of homework and damn assessments i was getting
il c how i go this term
im really scared about it...
term 2...
1/2 year 12 is over! :eek:

Libbster

HSC
Well my half yearlies are just after the holidays, and I've typed up complete topic physics and chemistry notes. Saves me from doing it later! :p

fakingtheday

HSC
basically i did no real study before my half yearlies, but i have a photographic memory so that doesn't really help you. When i was studying a beer was a good companion, keeps you lucid. I only do two real essay subjects English and Geography, and geography no one did overly well, but i think he marked uncannily hard.

Basically, its subjective, do what you think you need to do, run it in your head constantly, visualise it on a page, thats what i usually do.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i actually did some reading for most of my subjects. for legal,ancient history and history extension, i wrote up my notes after i finished my readings for each. well ir ead form a variety of sources, so then i had a better opinion of each. i then wrote down what i thought for each. so that i had my analysis, and the info that i already had. this makes it more original.

for chmistry, i just memorised definitions, and tried to understand the cocepts thoroughly.

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
I made notes for all my subjects throughout the term... trouble is I tricked myself into thinking I was working sometimes when I wasn't, so I didn't end up making notes for a lot of the stuff I had trouble with, specially in maths. That's why I had trouble in the exam. :(

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
I don't really make notes but when I get up the motivation approaching exam time I will jot down some points for any potential weak spots.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
I did notes starting from about a week before each exam (except for Bio, which I did the day before). I basically just went through my class notes and textbooks and wrote down the most important points...it only really takes a few hours of hard work and because you've written it all down yourself they're easy to remember. I'm normally a day before studier but starting before hand relieved a lot of pressure. As long as you have the notes there you can just keep reading over them till it sticks. Good luck with the exams anyway :).

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
i didn't make any notes for these exams.... i should have done so, i did exercises tho, mainly for maths, and physics and chemistry, etc..

i read for the others.

Zoltan

Too cool for school
HSC
If it works, use it... personally if I don't write things down, and specially if I don't understand them, I don't know them...

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
Writing notes through the term then reviewing them the day before the exam worked for me

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I don't think you can go very well without having notes, it synthesises and reiterrates all your information.

Libbster

HSC
I would write notes during the term but I'm too lazy! :p

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
see... i attempted... but i didn't even get through the first topic [as in, topics 1, 2, 3, etc] in the first core topics for any of my subjects. it's so easy to get distracted, i just don't have the willpower.

anyways, so i jsut flipped through my exercise book and textbook, and various photocopies, and just read the bits i wasn't too sure about, or thought might be in the test. what sucked was that i was really last min, and was doing this the night before, and i basically skimmed through almost everything, and there was this one line that if i had read properly [because i remember skimming it, but not reading it], i would have gotten that mutilple choice right. anyways, that's one lesson i should learn, and yet, never do. i should make my notes now while i'm still on hols.

anyways, if you plan on making notes, make sure you start early.... way early. 1 wk in advance is not early enough. i started 1 wk early for one of my subjects, but ended up wasting all my time. but that's just me.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm sure if you looked at you'resig long enough you will have the willpower. :p

translation of the chinese into english is, i smack you dead. :D

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
threats don't work with me. neither do lectures or bribes - or at least, not the ones my parents make

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)