• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Diegetic (1 Viewer)

MouNtY

ok i got one of those materials from the site right and in one of them is the word 'DIEGETIC'....now i have looked everywhere and i can't find a meaning for it.......does anyone know wat the word 'DIEGETIC' means????????

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
DooNy_TeChY said:
ok i got one of those materials from the site right and in one of them is the word 'DIEGETIC'....now i have looked everywhere and i can't find a meaning for it.......does anyone know wat the word 'DIEGETIC' means????????

In films.. diegetic sound is sound which comes from the actual film world itself (people talking, for example). Say .. if you were in the fireworks scene in The Fellowship of the Ring and a firecracker went off - the firecracker is diegetic sound. It is part of the scene.

Non-diegetic sound includes things like narration, soundtracks etc. which add to the atmosphere or mood of a scene.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
anti said:
In films.. diegetic sound is sound which comes from the actual film world itself (people talking, for example). Say .. if you were in the fireworks scene in The Fellowship of the Ring and a firecracker went off - the firecracker is diegetic sound. It is part of the scene.

Non-diegetic sound includes things like narration, soundtracks etc. which add to the atmosphere or mood of a scene.
voice over for non-diegetic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)