diff. options (1 Viewer)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
hey at our school we have 2 chem classes and they r doing diff. options this sounds starnge coz like we dont get to pick, if ur in this calss u do one the other u do other. is it like that 4 u? coz with like biz studies we have 2 classes but they always do the same stuff. chem they seem to head in their own way.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
I have certainly come across schools in the past that do this - I think its mostly due to personal preferance of the teacher.

juggernaut

HSC
yeh.. the 2 physics classes at our school did this last year...
one of the teachers was once a vet so he picked medical physics as the option as opposed to astro like the other class

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
Originally posted by *girl04*
hey at our school we have 2 chem classes and they r doing diff. options this sounds starnge coz like we dont get to pick, if ur in this calss u do one the other u do other. is it like that 4 u? coz with like biz studies we have 2 classes but they always do the same stuff. chem they seem to head in their own way.
it generally depends on what the teacher teaches best and available resources. Like at my crappy school, in physics, there weren't enough astrophysics textbooks for 2 classes so one did medical physics and we did astro

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
lol, we only had one chem class, but we didnt get any say in it.

my teachers theory was that it wasnt an 'option' for us, it was an 'option' for the teacher. hence, we got stuck with shipwrecks.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I think were stuck with shipwrecks for chem (what I want to do anyway), but for physics we will have a chance to choose (as there is only one class)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i know my friend did the option by himself and the rest of the class did the same thing. i guess it was hard in terms of pracs because the teacher had to go out of their way and you'd have no one to do the prac with :p

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
lol, we only had one chem class, but we didnt get any say in it.

my teachers theory was that it wasnt an 'option' for us, it was an 'option' for the teacher. hence, we got stuck with shipwrecks.
This is a common approach by teachers - Some do ask their students to vote between options they're willing to teach.

I know of one school last year that let everyone choose their own option - It was a disaster, esp. with the students who chose biochemistry of movement, as the teacher new very little about the topic. In general, you are better off with your teacher's strengths - so long as they do Shipwrecks or Industrial. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)