Difference between Bcom (international) and Bcom? (2 Viewers)

Accuracy

HSC
N/A
What makes international commerce require a higher ATAR? what's the difference between the two?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I believe International Commerce makes you learn a language or make you go overseas for a year.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
can't you do that by combining with international studies or art?
I don't think there is Commerce/International Studies. Isn't it just called Commerce (International) and there is a compulsory 1 year overseas.

amandada

HSC
N/A
if I'm thinking of doing bcomm(international) would i be better off doing bcomm/b.arts?
it seem like the same thing since you can go on exchange, except you get more flexibility and an extra degree. am i missing something?

HSC
Uni Grad
if I'm thinking of doing bcomm(international) would i be better off doing bcomm/b.arts?
it seem like the same thing since you can go on exchange, except you get more flexibility and an extra degree. am i missing something?
Well you're missing the fact that it's a lot easier to double major in the arts component of the degree. :)

Plus the fact that you have less compulsory courses to take. B comm (international) is a gimmick. So are all UNSW advanced science degree programs and B science (international)

sarah jones

HSC
but why would this require a higher ATAR? Does BCom international give students some competitive advantage?

HSC
Uni Grad
but why would this require a higher ATAR? Does BCom international give students some competitive advantage?
because people fall for this trap without knowing the consequences. It's a marketing technique used to attract those higher achieving students who don't know shit about degree programs and stuff.

KidDang

HSC
Uni Grad
No not really, it can be a degree for marketing but it still needs its own competitive advantage for it to survive.
BCom international has a limited amount of international/politics set of subjects you have to do and the compulsory exchange, whilst in the BArts component you need to do a major in that field but the advantage there is another degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)