difficult y11 diff qs? (3 Viewers)

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
have gone thru some of the prelim yearly ext 1 and adv papers on thsc and find that there r barely any qs on diff... why is this? i thought it was a big topic in y11? which papers have the most diff qs (in terms of like which part of the yr assessments)

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
differentiation goes up to product rule in y11 adv & implicit diff in y11 ext and then trig diff/log diff/expo(? unsure about this one) in y12 adv pretty sure
most qns are generally just tedious 'blah blah find equation of normal/tangent to f(x) at (x,y)' though some incorporate stuff like to spice it up but tbh it isn't hard from what i've seen

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
differentiation goes up to product rule in y11 adv & implicit diff in y11 ext and then trig diff/log diff/expo(? unsure about this one) in y12 adv pretty sure
most qns are generally just tedious 'blah blah find equation of normal/tangent to f(x) at (x,y)' though some incorporate stuff like to spice it up but tbh it isn't hard from what i've seen
some of these ngo challenge qs r hella tuff tho

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
4CEB3F1D-C8F7-45DC-94E6-98B8F6A5609C.jpeg0BC46449-EE47-402D-B743-D0814A36CF93.jpegD676F5F6-A90B-4371-8D22-5CF062FF8AFB.jpeg
Have done 10a)if y=…… however i am stuck on 10b and havent even tried the others yet but planning to try them once i figure out 10b loll

WeiWeiMan

HSC
I never did implicit wth

WeiWeiMan

HSC
have gone thru some of the prelim yearly ext 1 and adv papers on thsc and find that there r barely any qs on diff... why is this? i thought it was a big topic in y11? which papers have the most diff qs (in terms of like which part of the yr assessments)
Applications or just basic derivatives?
The derivatives don’t get that hard in tests and I’d say just use the textbook for that
Applications idk use trials I have no clue what the advanced syllabus is

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
Applications or just basic derivatives?
The derivatives don’t get that hard in tests and I’d say just use the textbook for that
Applications idk use trials I have no clue what the advanced syllabus is
Uhh yeah applications not just like just find first derivative of blah blah blah

Luukas.2

HSC
You've posted two question 10s... which one are you working on?

WeiWeiMan

HSC

Luukas.2

HSC
There is the evil differentiation question from Ascham (evil if you don't know what to do to work it out, I mean)...

Aeonium

HSC
N/A
There is the evil differentiation question from Ascham (evil if you don't know what to do to work it out, I mean)...

going to make a fool out of myself but split using log law –> ln(x^2e^(x^3)) - ln(sqrt(x^2+1)) –> diff each?

WeiWeiMan

HSC
I havent even learnt diff of exponentials yet lol
I recommend you learn the basic calculus topics (derivatives and integrals) well ahead of your class cuz the applications should be fairly easy to pick up on if you’re not wasting time learning the basic stuff (that’s what I did at least)

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
I recommend you learn the basic calculus topics (derivatives and integrals) well ahead of your class cuz the applications should be fairly easy to pick up on if you’re not wasting time learning the basic stuff (that’s what I did at least)
We doing it at tutor next lesson so its fine lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)