• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

"DIGITAL" comic--the future is fun. (1 Viewer)

wendellpdipmier

HSC
When taking a break from all the stuying, I found something kinda cool online...and it got me hooked, so I thought I'd share it.

"DIGITAL" comics.

These aren't 'webcomics' or comic strips, but actual hand made comic books, then put in PDF format for download...for .99 cents. At first I wasn't so sure about the concept--but the ability to download a copy of a comic, which I can share, print out a high quality version to read from my own printer, or use an ebook form with live links to the home web site...I LIKED it!

The first one online is the one setting the trend: WANTED:HERO
www.wantedhero.com

They offer a FREE copy---so if you want to check it out, it doesn't cost you anything, and this Jaime Buckley guy is kinda cool, if you do some reading up on him. I looked him up on Google and Yahoo---and he seems to be getting around pretty fast. I've become one of his fans, so I recommend him and his comic book, fo a good laugh.

The other one I found, was from some dude in Australia: Graham Lefroy (sp?). Anyway, his site is: www.imaginivity.com and he does a comic book called BRINK. I bought it for .99 cents, but I didn't find it nearly as cool as WANTED:HERO. Aparently, Graham learned the methods of digital comics from Jaime's site, then did one on his own.

Anyway, there's the info.
OH! --If anyone want's to know about digital comics, or how Jaime's doing it---he doies have a growing, very informative message board on the subjects here:
http://www.wantedhero.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=7

So take some time off ya'll, and if anyone finds something to ease the tension of school--post it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)