Dilemma! (1 Viewer)

paktorikku

HSC
Im in B (software) eng/ B com in unsw.
Anyone here in the same thing? UNSW Cola (course online advisor), 1st year planner is like pretty discriminating against this course. They just simply dont support it.

Anyway, my dilemma arised when I want to do Higher maths 1A, but it says i need a combo hsc mark (ext1+2) of 186. I only got 168. however the Cola test lowers it and says 170+ people can do it if keen. Also doing the cola maths skills test says its ok for me to try.

I thought about it and its like.. my future. I'll just do what I want. However im worried what will happen. I have like 1 month left to change my enrolemnts. So.. any advise?

HOLY CR#P, theres a UNSW sub section.. oh well wrong section. move plz.

Last edited:

paktorikku

HSC
out of HSC ubjects, relatively yes. But just course I "enjoy it" does it mean i can meet up to the exam standards?

I remember I transfered schools in year 9 and got shoved form adv to intermediate class since the adv calsses was full. and the teachers were really against me taking ext 1 in year 11. and in the end I did ok. >.> Since then i became more skeptical about recommendations. but this time they are expecting something like E4 for ext 2. T.T im waaay off E4 standards.

little master

HSC
hey i am doing the exact same thing as well at UNSW.

You can always try out higher maths and if u dont like it, just simply drop it to math1131. As far as assumed knowledge goes, i believe a good Math Ext1 knowlege would be sufficient. And also not to mention you would also be learning new stuff like matrices and matrix algebra, etc which were not taught in yr 12. So yeah if u enjoy maths go for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)