Diploma in Languages (1 Viewer)

Fong

HSC
i heard that if you can learn a language concurrently with your degree by doing a diploma in languages. how does this work? will the degree still take the same amount of time to complete or do you have to stay in uni for an extra year or something? When/How do you enrol? Thanks

lionking1191

HSC
a diploma takes in most cases the equivalent of one year full time study, a concurrent program thus spreads itself over a period of few years (usually 3) whereby you overload subjects per semester. As for applying I think you apply to the Arts faculty and in some cases need permission from the faculty of the existing program that you are undertaking. So it takes same amount of time, albeit more workload.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
lionking1191 said:
a diploma takes in most cases the equivalent of one year full time study, a concurrent program thus spreads itself over a period of few years (usually 3) whereby you overload subjects per semester. As for applying I think you apply to the Arts faculty and in some cases need permission from the faculty of the existing program that you are undertaking. So it takes same amount of time, albeit more workload.
What? For most unis it takes an extra year on top!

lionking1191

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
What? For most unis it takes an extra year on top!
i think the OP was asking about the concurrent program, which spreads the subjects among multiple years for your other degrees. you can choose to overload which means you complete it in the same period as you would if you didn't take the diploma.

Fong

HSC
lionking1191 said:
you can choose to overload which means you complete it in the same period as you would if you didn't take the diploma.
Thanks. So when can i enrol?

lionking1191

HSC
from what i heard you apply directly to the arts faculty at the end of your first year, so no need to worry about that now.

08er

HSC
why can't we enrol at the start of first year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)