Diploma of Policing Practice (1 Viewer)

scott_hendo

Alternative Conservative
Peeing on an electric fence...mmm...tingly
HSC
Hi,

I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who has done/is doing a Diploma of Policing Practice at Charles Sturt? If so, what is it like? Is the study intensive like any other university degree? I've visited the Charles Sturt webiste and it's good, but first hand knowledge from students would be cool.

How long does the course go for? I hear there are specific "sessions" to study and after the first session (how long is a session???) you could be offered a job as a probationary constable whilst completing the rest of the course by distance education. What are the hours like for police officers (i.e how days of the week worked/hours a day per shift)?

What do the study components involve? What is involved in the selection process/how do you apply/how often are intakes?

Pretty much ANY information about kicking off a policing career would be much appreciated! Cheers!

K

katie_tully

i know somebody doing it currently...first year...sorry, that doesnt help

bex

HSC
*a session is one semester= two terms= 13 weeks with holidays in the middle
*apparently you dont have to go to uni to be a police officer but i know you go here for 2 years and the 3rd is spent at police college in goulburn
*from what ive seen the work load is pretty light and easy

thats about all i know sorry! have a look in your UAC book or ask the careers advisor maybe?

William_Lawry

NSW Police
HSC
N/A
hey dude.. im doin a B of Policing @ UWS..... the diploma is run at Goulborn not CSU.. its however run in conjuction with it CSU and UWS.... r u after the uni course or diploma??? just letting u know, its probably better to do the uni course, the only way to get anywhere in the police force today, is by having a uni degree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)