• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Disadvantage forms (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hello,
I was wondering if someone could help me out on where to find the disadvantage forms. Thanks

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
If you are referring to the EAS forms, you get them off your HSC co-ordinator, principal or careers advisor. And if you mean the misadventure forms then its the same set of people I think.

HSC
I don't know what its called, but its the disadvantage form for the HSC. Ive seen my career advisor, but he says there arn't anymore left and said to visit some UAC site without even writing it down or showing me it. If possible, would you please give me the link for it. Thanks.

HSC
Hello,
Thanks alot for the link. Hmm, I think i have a problem. Schools over and I was wondering if i might need some signed school documents for proof? How exactly can i get this before sep 30th when the holidays just started OR can i send in the application and tell them that i'll be sending proof of documents as soon as school starts? Is it my fault that they didn't have anymore copies of this form to give to me at school? Cheers and good luck to your application! :)

caralyn

some more info on disadvantaged forms (EAS)

the disadvantaged form is called EAS (educational access schemes)

the forms must be certified and stamped by your school principal, is your best option. otherwise, bank managers, registered accountants in australia, barristors, solicitors or even a police officer can certify the forms.

if you get youth allowance form centerlink, ring them up and ask for an income statement. sometimes your school may be a disadvantage school that is funded by some program and there are lots of ways of getting the proof.

the due date is the 30th, so good luck in getting it in before then. its alot of work, i know that because i have also applied for one and it doesn't take just one day to get it all done you know.

HSC
Yeh, I can see. I have just asked a friend and he has applied for the schools disadvantage thing (and he goes to the same school). Now, I don't have any signed documents, if i was to send them my reports, Year 10 School Certificate, my graduation Year 12 certificate etc and tell them that its beyond my control now to get a signed stamped school one, and that i'll get one straight away when school resumes for them, Will that work? The career advisor didn't have any more forms so afew days went past and when i came to see him again, he just said look at the UAC site without writing it on a piece of paper or even show me it on his computer? Cheers

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
The reason a school principal is normally the go is that the statement must be filled out by someone who is deemed responsible by UAC *and* someone who has known you for the duration of your studies and knows of your difficulties and its effects. This person cannot be related to you. So if you have a social worker, or if your family is religious - a priest, then they might be your best bets.

HSC
Wait ups. Is the on-line date 30th September BUT do they accept applications after that due date? And what about if I don't intend on applying for a course at UNI, but more of a college course that just requires an UAI at their office thingy, like they'll have a look at the UAI. Will my UAI go up so the college can see it OR does this disadv. form only affect poeple who have applied for a course at UNI.

a statement from your school confirming your attendance at the school and the period of your enrollment.
School statements must be on school letterhead and must be signed by the principal or another senior person at the school
NOW, i don't have that and noway i can get it before Sep 30th. Now, would i be able to show reports from year 7 to year 12 aswell as my graduation year 12 signed by the principal and year 10 school cert. signed and show it to someone at the Australian Post OR now i can't apply for this? Cheers

Last edited:

s0k0y0e0

HSC
sikeveo said:
no they dont accept them after sept 30.
WRONG; they do accept late applications; there is a further date; but make sure the uni you are interested in will accept a late application...some uni's do; some don't...:)

PS. Aswell as forms from school, you can include a statement from a medical person (ie psychologist, psychiatrist, councellor) and you need a responsible adult (not related) to fill in a statement of support...so you could probably get these filled in and send the application?! A good option, would be to ring UAC ((02) 9752 0200) and speak to them about your circumstances and ask if you could send the available documents you have now; and ask if they would accept if you sent school documents in your 1st week back. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
they do accept them, its just you wont get first round offers

you need to make sure any photocopies is verified by a justice of the peace

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
#23 said:
And what about if I don't intend on applying for a course at UNI, but more of a college course that just requires an UAI at their office thingy, like they'll have a look at the UAI. Will my UAI go up so the college can see it OR does this disadv. form only affect poeple who have applied for a course at UNI.
EAS probably doesn't apply to this - it would affect the institutions UAC is linked to, not the others. Check if this college has any procedures for students who are disadvantaged - you could even just get your doctor and principal to give you written statements later and show them in your interview or whatever I guess.
These are the participating institutions with the EAS:
Australian Catholic University
Australian National University
Charles Sturt University
La Trobe University
Macquarie University
Southern Cross University
University of Canberra
University of New England
University of New South Wales
University of Newcastle
University of Sydney
University of Technology, Sydney
University of Western Sydney
University of Wollongong

HSC
Thanks for all your replies. Well, If I was too just apply for this right without YET applying for any courses (eg ill apply after the results), will they boost my UAI OR do they look at the course you want and then boost it. Like without choosing a course, if i get eg 70 at school and disadvantage is another 4 marks, are they going to make the UAI 74 or leave it at 70 because i didnt choose any courses?

Oh, and would you know when the last date for these applications are? Cheers

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I think you have to apply to UAC first as the form asks for your UAC application number which doesn't exist until you apply. It should be noted also that EAS is in conjunction with the individual uni - it only works with the ones in your preferences and some might accept your EAS form and some might not. They also have individual schemes which are all different, like bonus points which artificially boosts your rank for that uni(ie your UAI is *exactly* the same but you get a leeway of a few points) or allocation which allows people who are a certain level below cutoff to compete with each other for places. You really should read the sticky on EAS here : http://community.boredofstudies.org/showthread.php?t=24845

Twiggyy

twiggy
HSC
stressed

hi every1 just quickly wanted to know for the disadvantage form
can i hand it in tomoro because the sheet says "return this form to UAC by the on-time closing date - 30 september.

SO CAN I HAND IT IN 2MORO??

asscookie

dork.
HSC
If you go directly to UAC and hand it in yourself - that shouldn't be a problem.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
FUCK

*opens uncompleted EAS booklet*

:(

does anyone know if you can submit after tomorrow???????!?!?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)