• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Discursives (2 Viewers)

qna

HSC
Do Mod C discursives have to present two perspectives of the same idea, like a double persuasive, do they have to span multiple topics, or do they have to just go on about one topic? Because I've seen all of these examples in Mod C, and I'm not sure what is required for the HSC

HSC
Do Mod C discursives have to present two perspectives of the same idea, like a double persuasive, do they have to span multiple topics, or do they have to just go on about one topic? Because I've seen all of these examples in Mod C, and I'm not sure what is required for the HSC
i would say the end result is the complexity and depth of your analysis and demonstration of knowledge and nuance in the subject matter. a discursive of one perspective doesn't seem like much of a discursive at all, so at least two perspectives is necessary per se. as to your second question, it depends on the prompt and/or question. if referring outside the topic by analogy helps your argument, then it would be permissible. i personally wouldn't consider a discursive that far apart from a well written essay, aside from the fact that the textual and literary analysis in an essay is probably stronger for hsc purposes. it's never really helpful for any sort of persuasive critical argument to only consider one perspective.

Reactions: qna

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)