• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Discussion/Forum Transcript help! (1 Viewer)

Anonyo

HSC
Hi, could somebody help me with the structure of this text type?

"You are facilitating a discussion/forum on the topic Distinctively Visual or Distinctive Voices. The participants in the discussion will be the composer of your prescribed text and the composer of a related text of your own choosing.

Write the transcript of the discussion.

Thank you.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think you should ask your teacher-because each teacher may have a personal preference on how they want you to structure it, but essentially, a transcript is almost like a speech-but instead of one person speaking, you have got two or more, and essentially, you will have an introduction where you introduce everyone and the texts/ideas that you intend to discuss at the forum, and you essentially you make your questions targeting at the main conceptual ideas/requirements of this assessment task, i.e. answers to the questions will include thesis relevant to distinctive voices, and you then have a conclusion where the host of the forum can thank everyone and ask them to consider the overriding issues/themes that have emerged from this forum. hope this helps a bit. How much you write will depend on any word limit allocated. (But don't forget textual analysis with quotes and techniques to support any ideas raised-and don't be too colloquial)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)